Getting closer to version 3.4.0

Yep.

Don’t be sad… Maybe I’ll find another one!!!

1 Like

On a first read, it’s decently intelligible. Perhaps the prose maunders overly much, furiously hurling words upon ideas with but modest compass. “Less is more”, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe beseeches, which is why prose simple and direct takes so much longer to fashion than a billowing first draft. So. Let’s see what reductions arise on Sunday after Breakfast.

Edit
b686af7b…269d32ea master → master
Aiming for more consolidated prose, without losing @David_Tschumperle 's exuberant style. About 50% through, @3.3. Degradation Filters. Will be at it through the evening hours on the North American eastern seaboard.

I didn’t know I had an exuberant style, I don’t think it’s on purpose :slight_smile:

Thanks Garry, it’s really nice to have help. Especially at the moment.
Cheers,

David.

1 Like

269d32ea…0939520a master → master
Editorial pass complete; probably not touch this again for the balance of the week; could revisit a week from now, the next Sunday Morning After Breakfast. Time to walk Vinnie, the pup.
gmic340_en.pdf (5.2 MB)

developed within the IMAGE team of the GREYC research laboratory

Could it be:

Developped by the IMAGE team within the GREYC laboratory

?

Or :
Developped in Caen, by....

I have published a translation into Polish
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ao2sT6WskMABhL9jHbpkKK38SGXTuw?e=3pOnIe

kind regards I wish you continued success

3 Likes

So I lied.

0939520a…edfcfd24 master → master
A tidy pass; got triggered when I noticed that internal cross-referencing was not working and thought I might have broken something. Then Figure captions were seen to wrap some times but not other times. Then I thought some of the margins were too wide, particularly in PDF rendering. So I succumbed to pickiness. See push notes for details. Back to the other bits of documentation I should be working on.

1 Like

Haven’t deep dived into the update, but for the presets that interest me most, the GIMP plugin works like I like it, David. :slight_smile:

@grosgood
is there any need to improve the 3.4.0 news article, or do you think it can be published as it is ?

Here is the current version of the news for the release of version 3.4.0, as it would appear on the G’MIC website :

I’ve converted the article to the gmd (G’MIC Markdown) format.
Feel free to suggest changes.

1 Like

I think it is good.

1 Like

Thanks Garry, I’ve published it : G'MIC 3.4.0 : Image Processing in Its Prime!
and shared the link on X/Mastodon accounts.

1 Like

With latest 2.99.19/3RC1, I couldn’t load Gmic 3.3.4.

Enjoyed the read, David and again, congrats to you and the team for making one of the best all-encompassing image processing engine out there. :slight_smile: