GFX 100S support

Hi @Thanatomanic

The rest of the DCP test, take under my last tungsten lightbulb. Hope that will be ok because the room (it’s not a room it’s a very small entrance) are paint in orange_thing color.
And checking I just notice I forgot to use the delay to reduce the vibration so the shot are not very clean. Tell me if that’s OK for you.

With «white balance set to auto» : http://dl.free.fr/h3NcF6ctW
With «white balance set to daylight» : http://dl.free.fr/m2VmGr3ot

Regards

1 Like

Ah, there’s a problem right there - it doesn’t!

GFX100 is a conventional front side illuminated (FSI) job.
GFX100S is a backside illuminated sensor - BSI - with a different ADC and different image processor. So the raw files are not 100% identical.

Just a thought…

Just as an FYI, while that article on DCP color profiles mentions the X-Rite Windows software as one option, the dcamprof route is fully supported under Linux and what @Morgan_Hardwood uses to generate the DCP profiles included with RawTherapee.

I’m having a hard time getting dcamprof to put camera names and descriptions into profiles, but otherwise it works just fine. I use it for all my target shot and spectral data profiles.

Ok sorry to give you wrong information…my bad

Ok thanks for the information. I will try it.
Z

Hi @ggbutcher

See:

make-dcp [flags] <profile.json> [profile2.json] <output.dcp>
    flags:
      -n <unique camera name>
      -d <profile name>
      -c <copyright>

Looks like descriptions are only supported for ICC profiles.

e.g.

./dcamprof make-dcp -n "Pentax K10D" -d "Pentax K10D" -c "RawTherapee CC0" -t acr -o neutral tungsten.json daylight.json "PENTAX K10D.dcp"

I must be doing something goofy in my scripts, as I can’t get a camera name to show up in any of the DCPs or ICCs I’m making. I’m visiting my mother this week and don’t have access to my big machine with all the scripts, so I’ll be investigating this next week earliest…

Thanks!

Hi there, I’ve been up in the air about purchasing a GFX100s for awhile, and after playing with the raw files of a GFX100 and GF50R 50S, 50SII, realized the 100s is not able to load into Darktable or Rawtherapee yet, which has brought me here. I don’t want to be a pest, but am just wondering, does it seem likely that Rawtherapee will play nicely with these files by October (fall colors)? I am not so smart about the lingo, but pretty good at reading between what I don’t know. It sounded like maybe uncompressed RAW files are already working in Rawtherapee, or Darktable??

Of course they load in RT, at least into a current dev version…

For darktable it seems like the colour matrices are not there. It takes some minutes to add What's involved with adding support for new cameras | darktable

1. You convert a raw file from GFX 100s with Adobe DNG Converter.
  2. You extract the colour matrix from the DNG file.
  3. You extract black point/white point.
  4. In the file cameras.xml you copy everything from GFX 100 and replace the colour matrices and black point/white point.

Except they are there: https://github.com/darktable-org/rawspeed/blob/d723728e02123a05fb0c10767535c8a8a32409b7/data/cameras.xml#L14734

The OP has everything available to test: recent versions of both RT and dt are freely available, as are all the sample variations on raw.pixls.us

There are also some issues filed on dakrtable and rawspeed GitHub.

Please come back with specific questions after you have done your own trials.

Indeed. I searched for GFX 100s and not GFX100s.