GIMP 2.10 and RT on Win7 ?

I’ll see what I can do. stealing from the dt plugin shouldn’t be too hard :slight_smile:

HI
I have no news about the opening of RT by GIMP that does not work …
Are there solutions?
This is not really penalizing, but it would make life easier: o)

No news of you since my post 13 days ago. Did you try what I suggested? It works on W10.
In order not to be annoyed when installing a new dev build, you should install them in the same location.

Hello,

Yes, of course, and I tried all kinds of things:
I added a path for RT, (system and app) I uninstalled GIMP and reinstalled it in the hope that it would recognize RT during its installation.
I tried your versions from 267 to the last,
I searched the Internet a lot …
Obviously, as I said, it is not of capital importance, but only the interest of a better ergonomics.

@luxapy
It now only works with a dev build. So:

• For the first, install a dev build. you recognize it as it has “_dev_” in the name

• The install dir path can be for instance C:\Program Files\RawTherapee\5.4-298-gbed8e8914

• second: put this exact path in the PATH environment variable(user or system as you want)

• start GIMP. The plugin is registered during GIMP initialisation

• You can also install the successive dev builds in a fixed location as for instance C:\Program Files\Rawtherapee\ dev or whereever you want, such as to avoid mofifying PATH.

I think there is nothing else to try.
Hope this helps and you can use the plugin.

Thank you for your help ,

I do not know if I make a mistake, but it does not work.
Attached are screenshots of the latest RT version, what I found in GIMP and what I put in Path …
Well, do not insist, it does not matter; when I want to use RT with GIMP, I first open RT and pass the result to G.
It’s less convenient, but it works.

It works here on Win10 after adding C:\Program Files\RawTherapee\ to the path.
Partha’s Gimp.
rt1
rt2

I’m open to keep trying…despite I’m not convinced…
No, it doesn’t ok.

I even tried to copy all the files of the RT-5.4.298 directly in the “rawtherapee” folder without any success…

Partha GIMP… partha GIMP… ?! :hushed:

I’m using the official GIMP 2.10.0

Here you can get Partha’s builds with some additional goods preinstalled. Like G’MIC, LightZone plugin, and so on.
I’m using his Gimp 2.10/64 standard edition with RT_dev_5.4-298-gbed8e8914_WinVista_64.

Thank you very much ; I will test tonight or tomorrow morning

I was too impatient …
G EN I A L E !!! it works !
thank you very much.
Last question: I did not have time to search; how do you select one of the darktable or RT?

Thanks again.

1 Like

Just select what you wish in Preferences/Image Import … and restart the Gimp.

Ok, it’s definitely OK and I thank you again.

It was not obvious to me because the bar of choice is almost the same color as the bottom of the screen and I’m rather in a hurry at the moment…

I hope my basic question can also help another senile old man like me.

:grin:

At least you are a sober senile old man. (?)

Oh yes, I am clean on me and very sober…

I’ll join this approach tomorrow. Be well!

Ah! I did not think that the GIMP build could be the culprit.
Here I use also Partha’s builds.
Thanks @Jacal

Merci à vous pour votre patience et salutations de la part d’un autre vieil homme sénile :grinning:

Oh…pas l’air si sénile que ça gaaned92 ! :grin:

Oops… I upgraded together

GIMP (2.10.8) and
RT (5.4-1133-g5e0cbd4c6)

and again, I can’t start RT from GIMP for a RAW file.

Is there a new problem ?