G'MIC for OpenFX and Adobe plugins

Hello, so I’m creating an ofx plugin for Davinci and I have a problem linking a third party library (libtorch). I tried including the DLL’s to the same folder as the .ofx and apply a manifest to it but don’t seem to work. Do you have an idea on why ? Thank you :smiley:

Thank you for your answers, already done all of that.
Did you test yourself with AE; because it doesn’t want this .aexat all; but also it does loading after effect only if I delete the gmic_ae.aex in the folder too. My version is AE 2023.

Yes, I regularly test and use my GMIC plugins with AE, with a lot of different versions (from CS6 up to AE2023).
No idea what’s going wrong in your case though :frowning:
The gmic_ae.aex file is not necessary, you can delete that if you don’t need the generic scripting interface to GMIC.

Linking does not happen at runtime and is not related to a DLL in that regard. Or what is your exact scenario?

What is weird is that all .aex files are the same weight, 173ko
and they are all the same I think… There is a problem in the batch creation.

No, this is intentional, they are just tiny wrappers around the actual GMIC library call

AfterFX_2023-05-17_150229_DESKTOP-APS5PJH.txt (134.6 KB)
this is the last .crash from it, if it could help…
I’m done.
It as been change to .txt
Thanks

Can you verify that the DLL at this location C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\libcgmicstatic.dll is from Feb 27 2023 or newer?

From 27 2023, yes.

The other problem that I didnt told u about is that the batch file is working only in my download folder and not into the mediacore one,

there (the mediacore one) it’s displaying the process and creating the aex list but they are not appearing into the mediacore folder wich is weird.

if I’m doing it as an administrator it told me that update321.json cant’t be found… I’m newbee on windows11 I’m quite disappointed.
I think maybe windows is the problem…

Hey Tobias, I found where I was wrong, it works
TY for your patience.

Oh great, can you tell us what the problem was as maybe others run into the same issue?

Yes, as I changed my computer for a new one, I didn’t remember to fill again a new folder for the original g’mic plugin in itself… Just going for the Ae plugin and just thinking about my needs as a goal wich is the silly part, so After Effects could not read those plugins… It’s only by coming back to this discussion and reading from the beginning that I figure out what was wrong.

Sorry…

I’m having problems with the new version of the G’MIC OFX plugins for Vegas Pro. Most of the effects I click on will instantly crash the program regardless of which version of Vegas is using. Is there a solution to this?

Problem Description
   Application Name:    VEGAS Pro
   Application Version: Version 18.0 (Build 284)
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xe0434352)
   Fault Module:        C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
   Fault Address:       0x00007FFD892F4F69
   Fault Offset:        0x0000000000034F69

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\VEGAS\Vegas Pro 18\vegas180.exe
   Process Version:     Version 18.0 (Build 284)
   Process Description: VEGAS Pro
   Process Image Date:  2020-08-03 (Mon Aug 03) 07:03:31
Problem Description
   Application Name:    VEGAS Pro
   Application Version: Version 14.0 (Build 244) 64-bit
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\vegas140.exe
   Fault Address:       0x00007FF64FF3EA3C
   Fault Offset:        0x00000000004DEA3C

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\vegas140.exe
   Process Version:     Version 14.0 (Build 244) 64-bit
   Process Description: VEGAS Pro
   Process Image Date:  2017-03-09 (Thu Mar 09) 20:42:48

Is there by any chance an older version of libcgmicstatic.dll somewhere in your path that gets used by the plugins instead? You can check with dependencies.exe for example.
Also, is there a log file written by the plugin (location was mentioned above by me IIRC)?

I don’t think I have a log file written by the plugin, and I used the new version of libcgmicstatic.dll without the old version interfering when I was trying the new version.

Ok. I will try to do some tests with Vegas Pro if I find the time.

Tobias, I would be very grateful if you could share your solution.

Here is the solution I use to compile G’MIC as a CLI application or a static library or the C bridge or the demos:
gmic_visualstudio.zip (199.2 KB)
Put it in a foldernext to the official G’MIC sources and try to open it. Of course you might need more third-party libraries for linking depending on your project configuration, i.e. if you enable TIFF support, you need to link to libTIFF, etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot Tobias, I’ll have a look this weekend. I am using VS2017.