G'MIC for OpenFX and Adobe plugins

using a binary template for faking g’mic filter plugins wow!!!
I am very happy that the .json file is in use, I had asked David for it to be able to generate Blender compositing nodes some day (unplanned)!

1 Like

I sure can’t wait for the upcoming new versions of G’MIC for OFX and AE!

Hi guys,
sorry for the silence here from my part, but besides Christmas holidays and Corona outbreaks in our town, I was also occupied as my first child was born a few days ago. I have not abandoned the GMIC plugins and will set up a public source repository soon so other people can work on the project as well. Cheers, Toby

12 Likes

Hello Toby, congratulations !
And enjoy being with your kid, it’s clearly a higher priority :slight_smile:

Congratulations for your child Tobias !!!

Congrats and welcome to the flossdads club. Enjoy your family, there is no rush.

Stay safe. <3

It’s been five months after an update. Is there a probable chance that the binaries will be released soon?

A 5 mo child is still a handful. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah. He’s basically hosed for a few years at a minimum!

That is true. With many thing to do and take care of, it can be difficult.

Hi guys,
so sorry for not giving you an update. I know it has been quite a while, but there have been quite some complications. My kid is mostly fine now though, so hopefully a bit less to worry about. Then again, every day has its surprises.
On the work side, I have been super-busy with Apple’s new M1 CPU architecture and all the changes that come with it. I am not really an Apple devotee, but I had to take this paid job and deliver so I could have a bit of income in these rough times.
So, good news is that I plan on uploading the current G’MIC OFX/Adobe plugins with sources in the next weeks, now that I am, well, not back on track exactly, but at least near the rails, so to speak :slight_smile:
Hope I can post more cool stuff reall soon.
Cheers,
Toby

8 Likes

Great news, I’ll come back often here and see if family things are easy enough to give you some spare time!

oops … just got the chance to catch up with the thread …
about time for my untimely CONGRATULATIONS !!! :smiley:

I tried to install OFX on Windows 10 (C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins) Davinci Resolve 17 does not recognize it, fusion 9 does, but it can’t load it. I don’t know where to put “libcgmicstatic.dll”. Does anyone know how to do it work?. Thanks.

Is there a way that you can give us the already compiled ofx bundle files for the recent versions of gmic?

Hey @Tobias_Fleischer , How are you now… I am new to this forum, but I am following it and trying to see if there is something new about the AE G’imc Plugin? I am really interested but There is no Multi-frame rendering, it’s really sad. I have tried to change the flag myself in visual studio but I am not a coder and can not build… Returns me error, and After effect crash. Thank you for support.

I am sorry for the long silence here from my side, I had to go through a tough time in the last 2 years. :frowning:
Good news is I am slowly getting back on track and finally trying to get new AE/OFX versions of G’MIC out there. I already have versions of G’MIC 3.2.0 working on Windows in AE using multi-frame rendering, will post a release hopefully soon.

3 Likes

Thanks Tobias,
Really happy to get some news from you!
Let me know if you need specific help or if you have questions. But of course, taking care of yourself is a priority :hugs:

1 Like

And hot off the press, here is the very first release, most of the G’MIC filters as plugins for Adobe After Effects (possibly Adobe Premiere Pro as well, but haven’t tested that) and as OFX plugins (for Nuke, Natron, Vegas, Resolve, Fusion, etc.):
http://reduxfx.com/20230128_gmic_320_adobe_ofx_test.zip

Please be aware that this an experimental pre-release and there will certainly be bugs and strange behaviour. I need to do some further cleanups and debugging and bugfixing, but I promise that this time all the sources will properly end up on a Github repository for all to use. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh yes!!! Thank you so much!!! As a Natron (recently updated too) user, I will try this asap.

1 Like