Golden hour church

Nice detail rendering.

My program just downscales the image by half while taking 2x2 grids of pixels straight from bayer… so yeah. Haven’t implemented any debayering yet.

That’s a nice example, how different demosaicers handle moiré.
From top left to bottom right going down first:
vng4, igv, lmmse, dcb, rcd, amaze

1 Like

Looks like DCB is doing best in this case?

Well, in this case (moiré) igv (bottom left) is also quite good…

Lovely image.
I made no attempt at technical perfection. Filmulator with default values and then into GIMP.
An increase in saturation for the sky and the stonework. A decrease of saturation for the church roof and the colourful parts of the background buildings. Sharpened with wavelet decompose.

DSC09910.ARW.arp (12.0 KB)

1 Like

Ah I thought that one was DCB, misread the order

Love the shadows/light and contrast… :grinning:

2 Likes

You haven’t upgraded your PWP :slight_smile: The IGV seems to leave less color in the windows…could be a good thing if some of it is noise??

golden.hour.church.pp3 (22.4 KB) RawTherapee 5.8 Development + In-development-tool

Still playing/testing with the new Local Adjustment tool that is being developed at the moment.

EDIT: Missed 2 dust bunnies, added a tad of warmth.

4 Likes

I did, but I used the old one for the screenshot :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for posting
darktable 3.6.1

DSC09910_02.ARW.xmp (10.9 KB)

1 Like

With Filmulator, plus GIMP to remove dust in the sky.

Settings:

• Auto CA Correct 1
  • Shadow Rolloff Point 0.0032
  • Drama 100
  • White Clipping Point 0.582

I did one using gimp. Not sure what it opened in as I havn’t used this type of file before in gimp. Anyhow, I moved the exposure slider up and down a bit, Gave it more contrast, a little darker and then using GMIC I used mighty details to bring out the bricks in the church. Changed to a jpg for a smaller file

Here is my take using darktable 3.7.0+1376~g669ed6b889 on Linux.

DSC09910.ARW.xmp (18.5 KB)

My version with darktable.

DSC09910.ARW.xmp (8.9 KB)

1 Like

RT 5.8 dev. Used quite strong chroma NR here to reduce moiré on the second window from left.

DSC09910_RT-1.jpg.out.pp3 (15.1 KB)

Still the right-hand windows show strong alising.

Nice pic, thanks for the play.

Here my try with RT dev 5.8_3049:

golden_hour_church_DSC09910.jpg.out.pp3 (15,0 KB)

Yes, there is some moiré in the windows and using IGV could help, but: IGV created some strange artifacts on the rooftop so i went back to AMaZE+VNG4

1 Like

I used DCB + VNG4

1 Like

@heckflosse yes, i checked and saw that, i just wanted to point out to your comparison concerning moiré, where igv did a good job.