How big is your / (root)?

My system is UEFI, GPT. I am turning secure boot off because getting the nvidia drivers to work with it did not look so “fun” to me :wink:

I’ve learnt now, through one lonely comment buried on an internet forum somewhere (so it must be trustworthy, right?), that Mint/Ubuntu mounts EFI partition to /boot/efi by default, which is why it doesn’t provide it as an option in the installer. So I’ll make my setup even less elaborate and just go with EFI, / and /home partitions.

1 Like

Yes, there is, but I ran it once and it was overly aggressive, so I uninstalled it. Now, I just clean up manually and occasionally. The tool is called BleachBit.

I ran an internet search on “linux system cleaner” and it returned quite a few articles. Here is just one: 7 of the Best Linux System Cleaning Tools - Make Tech Easier

2 Likes

LOL

And I thought it wasn’t aggressive enough and build a script that incorporates BleachBit and does a lot of other cleaning. Not a script that can run on every Linux box, though. Kinda tailored to my Box and my paranoia.

1 Like