How to bring out the colors in IR photo

I am using a Leica M8.2 which does not have this filter. I just need to use an appropriate “red” filter in front of the lens, restricting the light to infrared, maybe with a little visible light as well.

Then you can experiment with different IR filters to get the desired effect. The R72 might be to strongly cutting out the visible spectrum.

\Best is to get a set of IR filters. I bought some cheap ones and they work fine. The higher the pass through the less colors you can recover.

590nm will work fine, 650nm still good, 720nm is the max you can use if you want some color. Higher will be monochrome only. You can find sample shots on the Kolari website, and you can do the same without their filters. I have those $10 ones from China.

Sounds good!!! Where can I buy them? Thanks!!!

I usually buy stuff on Taobao, you can find the same on eBay or AliExpress for similar prices, like this one:

For eBay.com you can set the item location to Asia, that will be 99% China then.

I random shot from the Sony A5000, which I converted and sold later. I think the filter was 720nm, I forgot.

After a long phone call with the people at KolariVision, I think the filter I have is similar to the 590 filter shown below:

Did you have the camera modified by kolorivisiion?

No, the Leica M8.2 doesn’t need modification - it doesn’t have an anti-IR filter.
Good for me, not so good for other people who need to add an anti-IR filter to the lens to fix it.