ImageMagick/dcraw convert raw .PEF file to tiff

Thanks! :slight_smile: It has been fun learning something new! Like I said, I’ve never done anything with the CLI till now. [quote=“Morgan_Hardwood, post:20, topic:2053”]
ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick cannot decode and demosaic raw files. Technically if you compiled IM with dcraw/ufraw support you could, but then you’re still just using dcraw and having IM call it.

The bigger question is why are you doing this in the first place? Knowing how to demosaic raw files using dcraw for the sake of knowing is fine, but if you want to get actual photos, why do this? Rather use RawTherapee (it can be used from command-line) to take advantage of its higher quality raw handling than dcraw’s.
[/quote]

With my version of ImageMagick, I can type: convert EJM_0083.PEF converted.tiff, and it will run dcraw and convert it. I haven’t experimented any further than that though, because I couldn’t figure out how to make it convert more than one file.

Thank you for suggesting RAWTherapee! I had wondered whether it had a command line interface, but I never researched it! Now that you mentioned it, I looked it up and found out how easy it is to do it through RAWTherapee; it’s definitely easier than using dcraw! (For one thing, RT accepts wildcards… :slight_smile: )