Is there an interest to support Canon EOS 5D Mark IV dual pixel raw files in RT?

Is it a special kind of file you need? Close or far subject? Low or high DOF? Focal length?

Just upload files with different shooting conditions. I will ask again, if I need more. Currently it’s quite cool to get some interest on this issue again to get motivation for further work on this.

Ingo

Great that you gain motivation from interest in a feature :grinning:. I think the highlight reconstruction is a nice thing but it’s unlikely that I shoot double size raws for the potential possibility to get better highlight under very special circumstances. However, even a very rough depth map would be a feature I see real use cases. There I know before that I require it and would switch on dual px raw. E.g. for greenbox purposes.

Next time I use the camera I will try some dual raw shots, but that won’t be soon.

Edit: It seems that other dual px tech is used for depth computation: Samsung's New Dual Pixel Sensor to Help Spread 'Portrait Mode' | PetaPixel. Don’t know if the tech is comparable.

Just so everyone knows, I’ve sent @heckflosse a pm with a link to a bunch of raw files :slight_smile:

2 Likes