Keep the Raws Coming

I uploaded a RW2 file from my Panasonic GM5, I just wonder why you need all aspect ratios as all but 4:3 is a crop?

Thank you!

That is the point exactly. To have samples for all the possible raw file outputs.
Now, please upload the full set for that camera :slight_smile:
(i.e. upload new 4 samples, as-if that sample is not there)

As promised, I just uploaded a CC0 licensed Nikon D1x nef

1 Like

Please do note that camera can produce both compressed and uncompressed raw, and you have uploaded only one sample. Please upload the whole set :slight_smile:

I can not. I donā€™t own the camera any more.

Ah, ok, thank you for that sample then :slight_smile:

Hah, I found an uncompressed file :slight_smile: Uploading now. CC0

Nice :slight_smile: Thank you.

Iā€™ve uploaded an exmpale for the Nikon 1 J3. It only has a RAW option but no selection for other compression modes.

1 Like

In response to the problem of attacks or other hazards to the raw sample archive, has anyone considered using IPFS as a means of mitigating some of the risk? Just curious. Not an expert on it but intrigued by the concept.

I uploaded a Nikon D3S .nef file. If there are are other formats I can not help, I borrowed the camera and only took a few pictures with the same format. The camera has since been sold.

I donā€™t think we have considered IPFS, but I have a versioned backup of this data, so if something happened s to the main site, I can roll it back to a safe point.

1 Like

I have a versioned backup of this data, so if something happened s to the main site, I can roll it back to a safe point.

Thank you! :slight_smile: I also have fresh-ish checkouts, but that is not a backup.

Might also be good if @andabata would release the DB dumps.
I think they donā€™t contain any sensitive info. They would simplify recovery.

Hi,

what type of images are actually needed for Nikon cameras? I uploaded the missing raw (.NEF) files for the Nikon D700, but someone remarked I should upload the full set. Does this mean the jpegā€™s, too?

• :white_check_mark: 12bit-compressed
  • :white_check_mark: 12bit-uncompressed
  • :white_check_mark: 12bit-lossless-compressed
  • :white_check_mark:14bit-compressed
  • :white_check_mark: 14bit-uncompressed
  • 14bit-lossless-compressed: already done by someone else in 2017.
  • small NEF: I donā€™t what a small NEF is and how to set it up in my camera.
  • medium NEF: I donā€™t what a medium NEF is and how to set it up in my camera.

Me :wink:

If the camera can produce more than one sample, then we really really want all the samples to contain the same content. So

is ā€˜missingā€™ from your set.

(Also, would be great if all the samples are done with tripod, but well, better than nothing :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Ah, good to know :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, I can do that and I can use a tripod, too. Thankā€™s for the information. If a special shutter speed/aperture/iso is desired, just let me know.

Same idea as with ā€œall the samples to contain the same contentā€ - ideally, the exposure should be locked, so same iso/aperture/shutter/focal length/focus for all the images.
As for the specific values - dunno, something like half-closed aperture, low iso, short exposure time; BUT the resulting image should be normally exposed (with histogram in the middle or third quarter)

I took the complete set and uploaded it. Can you please give me some feedback about the files and if everything is fine?!

2 Likes

Yep, seen and verified. All good, thank you!

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome, glad I could help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like