Keep the Raws Coming

I can not. I donā€™t own the camera any more.

Ah, ok, thank you for that sample then :slight_smile:

Hah, I found an uncompressed file :slight_smile: Uploading now. CC0

Nice :slight_smile: Thank you.

Iā€™ve uploaded an exmpale for the Nikon 1 J3. It only has a RAW option but no selection for other compression modes.

1 Like

In response to the problem of attacks or other hazards to the raw sample archive, has anyone considered using IPFS as a means of mitigating some of the risk? Just curious. Not an expert on it but intrigued by the concept.

I uploaded a Nikon D3S .nef file. If there are are other formats I can not help, I borrowed the camera and only took a few pictures with the same format. The camera has since been sold.

I donā€™t think we have considered IPFS, but I have a versioned backup of this data, so if something happened s to the main site, I can roll it back to a safe point.

1 Like

I have a versioned backup of this data, so if something happened s to the main site, I can roll it back to a safe point.

Thank you! :slight_smile: I also have fresh-ish checkouts, but that is not a backup.

Might also be good if @andabata would release the DB dumps.
I think they donā€™t contain any sensitive info. They would simplify recovery.

Hi,

what type of images are actually needed for Nikon cameras? I uploaded the missing raw (.NEF) files for the Nikon D700, but someone remarked I should upload the full set. Does this mean the jpegā€™s, too?

• :white_check_mark: 12bit-compressed
  • :white_check_mark: 12bit-uncompressed
  • :white_check_mark: 12bit-lossless-compressed
  • :white_check_mark:14bit-compressed
  • :white_check_mark: 14bit-uncompressed
  • 14bit-lossless-compressed: already done by someone else in 2017.
  • small NEF: I donā€™t what a small NEF is and how to set it up in my camera.
  • medium NEF: I donā€™t what a medium NEF is and how to set it up in my camera.

Me :wink:

If the camera can produce more than one sample, then we really really want all the samples to contain the same content. So

is ā€˜missingā€™ from your set.

(Also, would be great if all the samples are done with tripod, but well, better than nothing :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Ah, good to know :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, I can do that and I can use a tripod, too. Thankā€™s for the information. If a special shutter speed/aperture/iso is desired, just let me know.

Same idea as with ā€œall the samples to contain the same contentā€ - ideally, the exposure should be locked, so same iso/aperture/shutter/focal length/focus for all the images.
As for the specific values - dunno, something like half-closed aperture, low iso, short exposure time; BUT the resulting image should be normally exposed (with histogram in the middle or third quarter)

I took the complete set and uploaded it. Can you please give me some feedback about the files and if everything is fine?!

2 Likes

Yep, seen and verified. All good, thank you!

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome, glad I could help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can provice missing raw files for the Canon EOS 450D (EOS Kiss X2), too. In the raw repository it says that the raw files for the Canon Kiss X2 are missing. Are those (EOS Kiss X2 and Kiss X2) the same models?

We have sample from that

We donā€™t have sample for that

See the chapter ā€˜Image Sizeā€™ in the D700 User Manual

No, that is not about FX/DX.
It seems D810 and D850 are the only cameras that have medium and/or small NEF.