Late afternoon fire in the trees...

Here comes the fire… :wink:

IMG_0904.CR3.xmp (21.4 KB)

12 Likes

IMG_0904.CR3.xmp (13.0 KB)

When the photo is good to start with - the processing is more of an interpretation of what we see.
Beautiful photo @lphilpot!

1 Like

I did some tests, but I ended up liking yours more, so I loaded your arp and cut out part of the foreground and some light, not very significant changes. Nice Shot.

IMG_0904.CR3.arp (17.0 KB)

Greetings. Roberto

2 Likes

IMG_0904.CR3.xmp (12.1 KB)

2 Likes

Beautiful light!

IMG_0904_RT-3.jpg.out.pp3 (19.5 KB)

5 Likes

Another beautiful photo, Len. I live in a similar part of the country, and I recognize the natural colors, so I didn’t feel a need to amp them up. dt 4.4.2

IMG_0904.CR3.xmp (8.0 KB)

5 Likes

You can remove those bits from the sidecar if they’re a problem. But at most you should just get a warning.

Thanks for the version!

Thanks!

Looking now after I posted it, I keep imagining the yellows are just ever so slightly greenish. But I did nothing to them, locally nor globally, and the white balance doesn’t look green to me. I’d have to compare against reality I guess. It’s not enough for me to alter the image, though.

1 Like

IMG_0904_01.CR3.xmp (15.5 KB)

IMG_0904.CR3.xmp (16.0 KB)

Thanks for sharing, great photo :smiley:

6 Likes

So I decided rather than chasing ultra sharpness and detail I applied the watercolor preset in the diffuse or sharpen module in DT. I reined in the effect using the opacity slider. I preferred this preset over the bloom option. I also imagine some of the filters in GIMP could be effective with this image.

IMG_0904.CR3.xmp (19.6 KB)

3 Likes

The foreground here is actually closer to how it looked than my version (it was just a touch darker in person). I went for a slightly darker-than-literal rendering in order to more enforce “vision travel”, i.e., starting at the dark bottom foreground and moving to the bright background. But yours in more strictly realistic.

1 Like

I only lightened the foreground because of the soft effect I was going for. On my sharper versions that I did not post here, I too went for a dark foreground to drag the viewers eye towards the autumn colors of the trees.

1 Like

Great photo! Thanks for sharing …
I used contrast equalizer to slightly decrease the sharpness in the trees and bushes, while increasing the contrast in the reflections in the water …

IMG_0904_01.CR3.xmp (15.7 KB)

1 Like

I did my usual trick in the water of dropping the shadows only, slight desaturation and an even slighter faint bluish cast, all through a gradient mask.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Really like your landscape/nature pictures… so, I couldn’t skip homework, of course! :smiley:

Here is a darker, more contrasty version…

IMG_0904.CR3.xmp (16.7 KB)

6 Likes

IMG_0904.CR3.xmp (12.3 KB)

4 Likes

My version…

IMG_0904_01.CR3.xmp (22.0 KB)

5 Likes

Thanks!

That really brings out the reflections in the water.

2 Likes

IMG_0904.CR3.xmp (15.0 KB)

IMG_0904_01.CR3.xmp (17.6 KB)

1 Like

IMG_0904.jpg.out.pp3 (16.3 KB)

3 Likes