Latest RTW64NightlyBuilds not working for me

Why use an -march instead of a feature (-msse4) ?

@todd For max speed, build rt yourself using -march=native

@heckflosse Is there a play by play for this? I’ve never done it. (I’ve never built rt in any form or fashion)

http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Windows

Thanks I’ll give it a try.

Where will this go in the process? I’m at the installing tools and libraries stages right now…

-march is a compiler flag.

Can anyone explain in simple terms what I am supposed to do here? It’s not making sense to me.

Are these files supposed to be present/downloaded? They don’t seem to be there based on a couple sample searches I did in that folder. How do I download them? There look to be many thousands of files… Certainly I’m not expected to download each, one at at a time, am I?

If they do have to be downloaded, then it seems to say they have to then be downgraded. Pacman -U? And it says this has to be done for each of these many hundreds of files? I could never keep track of that even if I had days to try it…

Thanks, and how do I use it? Guessing I’ll get to that, if I ever get there… Not looking good for me at the moment… :slight_smile:

I am having a severe migraine at the moment and my father is in ICU, so I am not thinking clearly. I think it ought to be in the makefile using the -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS and / or -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS.

Please hang in there and feel better soon!

1 Like

I’ve uploaded the downgrade packages to filebin.
https://filebin.net/z9tlc5g5352dhdlk

Run mingw64.exe and type
pacman -U <path>/mingw-w64-x86_64-lensfun-0.3.2-4-any.pkg.tar.xz
Hit Enter

pacman -U <path>/mingw-w64-x86_64-libjpeg-turbo-1.5.3-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
Hit Enter

1 Like

Now I am at this step:

I searched for ‘Makefile’ and this seems like the logical choice from all the files that turned up:

But can’t find ‘iptc’ or ‘docs’ in the file, and can’t find SUBDIRS or DIST_SUBDIRS lists… ???

You’ll find the Makefile in:
... msys64\home\<YourUserName>\libiptcdata-1.0.4\
Use a text editor like Notepad++ to edit the file.

1 Like

Ok so I am at the “Run CMake and Make” steps… Is it somewhere in here where I do this “-march=native”?

It’s done automatically by -DPROC_TARGET_NUMBER="2"

@todd
I see that you made progress in building Rawtherapee. I could not help as it was night time here.
I see that you were confused by some formulation, so if you have some clarifications, please provide them.

@heckflosse
The only difference seems -mcx16 -msahf .
The use of a real architecture seemed to me more logical. I will use msse4

https://keybase.pub/gaaned92/RTW64NightlyBuilds/RawTherapee_dev_5.6-199-gc5e9482a2_W64_SSE4_190722.zip uploaded

3 Likes

@todd did you succeed to build?

I got to "RawTherapee can now be started from the MINGW64 command line: " and it worked!

From there I stalled at the “Copy RawTherapee and required DLLs” section when I came back and had the luxury of your updated Dev build (haha) and haven’t been back to it yet.

1 Like

And that is why I rely on @gaaned92’s builds. :+1: Thanks for them!