Lockable Color picker?

Most develop these programs as a hobby; so when one goes to add features, the most interesting one is chosen, I’d think. Lockable color picker doesn’t seem that interesting, however useful it may be.

Ahhhh, i hear you…

Yeah, I see what your saying. Maybe it’s not sexy…

Have to say though, seems like an fundamental tool which is missing, more than a zany new feature. Also RT is a rather feature packed application…if they had the pickers, I don’t think i could even come up with another feature to request…

Oh please brilliant, attractive, and sexually desirable RT coders…please take on this challenge !!!

I really am serious about the use for 3d and texture artists…I dont know if people really know about RT but its perfectly poised to be the darling of the 3d community…

If there are several people that desire this feature, perhaps you should perhaps talk to a developed about sponsoring some development time.

Not quite what you want I appreciate, but is there an app out there where you can sample any part of any window and it dives off into the video memory internals and reports back the RGB values? With humble windows Paint, you can paste in a screen grab, sample a point, then click “edit colours” and it will tell you the RGB and HSL values. For example the blue “Reply” buttons on this page are RGB 0, 136, 204 according to my system.

I work alone, but i would totally be into sponsoring some coding time…more because I’m down with the open source philosophy. But yeah, if someone wants to implement a light room style lockable color-pickers then get in touch, let me know how I can help.

“but is there an app out there where you can sample any part of any window and it dives off into the video memory internals and reports back the RGB values?”

photoshop and illustrator do this, you have to hold a mod-key when you drag out of canvas, but yeah, adobe has this integrated…my color picker in 3Ds max does this too…

@RawConvert yes, KColorChooser in KDE does that, but the returned values will be rubbish when you use a color-managed workflow. It’s a good utility but not for photography.