a B/W version, DT 3.4

DSC_7570.NEF.xmp (26.2 KB)

5 Likes

Really nice picture.

I have tried with art.

DSC_7570scaled.jpg.out.arp (11.2 KB)

4 Likes

NIce image!

I used my homebrew Nikon D7000 SSF profile, a rather tame filmic curve, and a second whitebalance using a simple ‘grayworld’ algorithm on top of the “as-shot” whitebalance I usually put in before demosaic. In rawproc:

3 Likes

My attempt.

3 Likes

Wysyłanie: DSC_7570-SNS-HDR_Default-LAB.jpg

1 Like

The fun lasted 5 min. bravo apothecary eye.

It isn’t the first edit with some visible mishaps :wink:

That doesn’t not sound polite. If it wasn’t meant this way, please forgive my ignorance…

Just in case, please take note that this camera/lens has some nasty spots.

Maybe they were amplified by @Zbyma72age edit

@heckflosse I don’t think the ouch was polite either.

I would call it a wow, thinking there was a tear in the space-time continuum but then @gadolf’s explanation is more sensible. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

To make the matter clear, at 87 years old for me a certain method of processing is, as I wrote somewhere - fun, an attempt to achieve a positive result, but not always apothecary chisels.
Playing with photography is supposed to be a joy, not a long hours of torture.
I do not always manage to notice some nuances.

1 Like

Sorry if you didn’t feel welcome. I agree that recent Play Raws have been more work than fun lately. That said, there have been fun entries (see Celebrating Mars rover landing); just fewer than before.

The point is we do prefer people to expand their horizons and try FLOSS raw processors. People like darktable but I think RawTherapee (or its fork ART) or PhotoFlow might be more suitable for you.

??? If they’re not fun then don’t do them and do something else that is fun.

1 Like

I didn’t mean it that way but to your point I have been distancing myself from the Play Raws.

I meant there have been more serious entries with serious critiquing, where people are trying to solve problems, which is a very good thing since they are taking their learning of FLOSS seriously.

But my point is that we should leave room for levity; not everyone has to be super intense about everything. (The late @chroma_ghost knew how to have fun but he knew his stuff too.)

That said, I do understand the response of the community. It did seem that @Zbyma72age was posting in a spam-y (fast and loose) way.

2 Likes

@Zbyma72age: Just go on with the “fun” and feel free to post your edits. I dont’t think the “ouch” was posted to to embarrass you. We all want to learn and @heckflosse pointed out an area of “of special interest” :wink: .

@heckflosse: The "apothecary eye "is roughly comparable to the “ouch”. So there is a tie now :clinking_glasses: .

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

DT 3.4.1.1

DSC_7570.NEF.xmp (26,9 KB)

2 Likes

my idea
Long exposure shot_DSC_7570

a little darker

1 Like

Thank you for the play:

G’MIC/GIMP: