lua windows help dt 4.4

Windows 10. Trying to use my first lua script and it seems to be not installed or not working. The steps described in the script in “… assign a keyboard shortcut …” are not available to me.

script: https://github.com/darktable-org/lua-scripts/blob/master/contrib/rate_group.lua

I created luarc (no file extension) here: C:\users%username%\AppData\Local\darktable

require 'tools/script_manager' 
require 'lua/rate_group'

the file rate_group.lua is in C:\users%username%\AppData\Local\darktable\lua

I also downloaded script_manager to see if that would help. nope.

toggling settings → lua options → lua scripts installer don’t show again doesn’t have any effect.

Yes, I’ve exited and re-started dt each time. No. I don’t have git installed - I should be able to brute-force individual scripts without needing git, right?

I defer to more knowledgeable people if they say different, but I believe you need GIT installed.

Update:

Yesterday, I missed this thread. Thanks to the video by Todd, who explained the Windows documentation is wrong. The script names must be enclosed in double quotes instead of single quotes.

BTW, git seems not necessary. I believe my original method would have worked if I had the right syntax in the luarc file to begin with.