Maintainer urgently needed for Exiv2

Thanks @ggbutcher. It doesn’t finish with the Community. I asked my son who is an IT Project Manager to review Chapter 11 in which I discuss Code, Build, Test, Support, Documentation and 23 major aspects of the project. He emailed back and said “that’s not what project management is about”. When I asked him “what is it about, then?”, he didn’t reply.

I thought about renaming that Chapter “11. Not about Project Management”.

I can only guess he meant IT Project Management is all about office politics and I don’t discuss that because it only me and Lizzie the cat - so there are no politics.

I have really liked working on Exiv2. The technology and code is as interesting and challenging as anything I encountered while working in Silicon Valley. My greatest praise is for Andreas Huggel who founded the project. The TiffVisitor code in Exiv2 is ingenious.

5 Likes

I also have a son like that. He’s an IT sysadmin, and I stopped asking him about tech when he told me he was a ‘gaming streamer’ and I thought he was talking about a type of fishing… :laughing:

Actually, we’re quite proud of him today, he just announced he’s going to the South Pole as part of the 2021 ‘winter-over’ crew at the Amundsen-Scott station. No gaming streaming out there, however… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I had a 34 year IT career (mainly database and systems management), and your guess is correct.

5 Likes