Make a Donation to Raw Therapee

I recently bought a X-Rite product and they offered me a 1 year free subscription to Adobe Photoshop CC. Great, let’s have a look since v5 or 6! I live in France, my laptop is in French, but I can’t change the interface language to English for example, the only option available is French. I don’t know if that’s a bug, but I do know that other software, like Gimp or RT or ART or Darktable do not show this problem…

You’re preaching to the choir on this! :smiley: I was just trying to be polite to OpenOffice. I’ve been using LibreOffice on both Linux and Windows ever since the events that caused LibreOffice to come into existence.

I actually don’t know about the amount of money currently available by donations to RT. But regardless of the amount, I vote to donate it to help people in Beirut!

Of course that’s only my point of view. Can’t speak for other RT contributers.

4 Likes

This paypal link for donating to RT project doesn’t seem operational (within paypal). Does anyone know if this is still operational?

Seems like it works for me.

Seems like it works for me too…

Edit: thanks for the link, I didn’t know that before.

Oh, OK. So it must be some local paypal issue for me.
Thanks anyway @paperdigits

Hello,
I would like to donate something for the fantastic good software RawTherapee - but I am completely overwhelmed how to do it. Maybe everything was already described above, but unfortunately it did not open up to me how to do it.

@micha: click the link shown above, it will redirect you to a paypal-account of Maciej Dworak. If you click “send” you will be asked to login at paypal. Here you can decide how much to donate. finish the transfer, thats it.

grafik
what do you have to select? Anfordern (Request) or Senden (Send)?
It seems both lead to the same thing. Sorry, I’m a bit unsure about this as I want to send money away and have very little control over where it arrives.

you want so send money, so click senden, you are sending to Maciej and after transfer you will receive a Paypal-email with all the information about this transfer.

Danke Martin,
Worked. Thank you very much for the help.
Only: I am horrified how much PayPal keeps for itself. That is a great pity. Is everything in this world really only about such financial service providers? Do you know why you can’t just transfer money to a developer’s account?

this is what paypal keeps for themselves ( i estimate, your native language is german?):

Für alle anderen persönlichen Zahlungen berechnet Paypal eine Gebühr in Höhe von 5 Prozent der Transaktionssumme, wobei mindestens Kosten in Höhe von 99 Cent und maximal in Höhe von 3,99 Euro pro Transaktion berechnet werden. Die Gebühr zahlt dabei grundsätzlich der Absender und über die anfallenden Gebühren wird der Absender auch vor der Tätigung der Zahlung informiert.

May be you could transfer to ad devs account but its his decision, not to show his account data in public.

I won’t say your money is wasted, but please be aware that the person you’re donating to hasn’t visited this forum since August 10 and has not been active on the RawTherapee GitHub page since August 13 (and also very infrequently before that).

what would be a better way to make a donation to RT?

Uuups, seems some money is gone. Do you or ingo have some account for this?

I sent Dworak a nice donation today - if the money doesn’t actually arrive for RT, I might try to cancel the whole thing via PayPal. Looks like it’s not that easy though. PayPal says I could ask Dworak to send the money back.
Can anyone tell me more about whether it is or was in RT’s best interest to send him money?

Just because he hasn’t been around lately doesn’t mean he hasn’t spent hundreds or thousands of hours on RT.

1 Like

I think, you don’t need to cancel the thing. I trust in Maciej for using donations correctly.

Edit: @Morgan_Hardwood

Thank you, your thoughts reassure me and I leave first donation as it is. But, I still want to support RT? Is that not possible at all?