Manual for Darktable 4.2? [SOLVED]

I feel a bit stupid but I can not find a working documentation of Darktable. The PDF on resources | darktable is almost empty for me?

Hej Bengt!

See Terry’s reply here:

Mvh
Claes i Lund

Thank you, Claes! I wonder why there are no link to that page from resources | darktable or from the menu there?

Because that’s not the official version of the manual. Just an automated build of the development version

Trying to find an explanation of the revised ‘scopes’ feature.

You’ll have to refer to the original pull request and/or the release notes for now. That manual section has a lot of screenshots that need to be re-done on top of documenting the revised layout and new functionality (one of the reasons we prefer to avoid screenshots). I can generally find time to document the small stuff, but big changes like that tend to drop to the bottom of my to-do list because of the amount of time they require. These days my day job keeps me busier than it used to.

As always, contributions are appreciated, especially from the developers who originally created these features. Perfect English is not required – I can always tidy up the language afterwards – but it really needs to be done by someone who already knows the functionality quite well and this can become a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation.

(The egg came first)

1 Like

User manuals on darktable.org should be working again now.

1 Like

Thank you, elstoc! They look great!

Thank @paperdigits, he broke fixed it

Lol… thank you @paperdigits for your hard work… ;o)

Mostly thank @darix