Name one inspiring photographer

Speeling is not my strong suite :wink:

3 Likes

@Isaac, @elGordo, McCurry basically is world famous for this image (and others obviously):

3 Likes

I remember that photo well (doesn’t everyone?), but had never looked into who took it.

1 Like

Ah! Yes, like @elGordo, I remember that image very well, but never looked into the photographer… Thanks!

Gregory Crewdson

3 Likes

Well, I have to say Man Ray

No one like him.

2 Likes

Allan Sekula, a tremendously honest and hard working artist. Had the incredible proviledge of assisting him for a couple days.

From Dear Bill Gates

2 Likes

My dad got me interested in photography . He didn’t do loads of photos but he loved his cameras. He gad a darkroom … well not a darkroom just a blacked out space under the stairs of the terraced house we lived in. When he died a few years ago I scanned all his old negs brought back some good memories.

As for well known photographers . I don’t necessarily think any have inspired me. I like a streetie shot and maybe indirectly I admired Martin Parr over the years without necessarily knowing who he was.

Parr did a cracking shot of Burnden Park. The former home of my football team Bolton Wanderers :grinning:. I could quite easily have been one of the people in the shot below

2 Likes