New OSX build prior to RT5 Release

@HIRAM, can you try this new build and tell me if you have any issues? This is probably the last build before RT5 release.

http://www.partha.com/temp/RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_4.2.1478_gtk3.zip

Thanks,
Partha

@partha
This build contains the TooWaBlue theme v2.27. There is a newer version (v2.28) available, which corrects an issue on OS X.

@TooWaBoo, where is it available? I did a git pull 2 days ago.

Here is part of my git log:

commit d8f5161ba5d27faa88674348049d193c8ff5485b
Author: Morgan Hardwood <bugs@londonlight.org>
Date:   Thu Jan 5 03:47:50 2017 +0100

TooWaBlue theme update, closes #3585

commit 7f6ded741c73b83b6f89b635614a42a5b4fbb192
Author: heckflosse <heckflosse67@gmx.de>
Date:   Mon Jan 2 23:22:43 2017 +0100

Duplicate entries in 'Recent Folders' gtk3, fixes #3572

@partha

I’ve uploaded it yesterday.
https://github.com/Beep6581/RawTherapee/tree/gtk3/rtdata/themes

@partha @TooWaBoo Working, similar problems as before with the not allowing a particular jpg to load, sliders, and the curves boxes. Here is what it looks like in TWB-dark with the new css file linked above.

Also btw I selected a different font / size for readability. Noto Sans Regular 12 seems to work well Google Noto Fonts

@HIRAM
The theme fixes only the alignment of the tab labels. Other issues can’t be fixed with the theme. They are Gtk relatet.

BTW @partha how was your experience building for OS X using the rawpedia instructions? I keep getting killed on the prerequisites not compiling. Edit: if you’re even building on OS X that is.

@HIRAM, I build my OSX packages on an MBP. I build Windows packages on a Windows 10 machine.

For both platforms, I build everything from scratch keeping my compiler constant across the packages.

From what I understand OS X tools I’ve got has clang already and not gcc. Do I need to have a clang 3.7 built before building RT since clang is already there? Also, do I need the real gcc as it is listed in linux dependencies Linux - RawPedia . I tend to infer it’s requirement by these instructions. MacOS - RawPedia The clang and gcc pieces cause problems on my system.

$clang --version
Apple LLVM version 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.42.1)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0
Thread model: posix

@HIRAM, No don’t do any compiler building yourself. Use the one supplied by Apple.

Tell me what problems they cause on your system and what build instructions are you using.

Getting the prerequisites using this as specified in the documentation:
sudo port install cairo clang-3.7 +openmp cmake fftw-3-single gdk-pixbuf2 gtk2 gtk-engines2 gtkmm gtk-osx-application-gtk2 lcms2 libiptcdata libsigcxx2 pango

When I deleted ‘clang-3.7 +openmp’ everything came in smoothly.

Then I port installed gtk3

Trying to build RT now and it stops during the cmake because the gtkmm on macports is lower than 3.16

It serves us gtkmm 2.24.5

BTW I had to adjust the cmake invocation to reflect the compilers being clang instead of clang-3.7. Also BTW I failed during the compile after patching libiconv per rawpedia.

ld: warning: ignoring file …/srclib/libicrt.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): …/srclib/libicrt.a
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
“_program_name”, referenced from:
_main in iconv_no_i18n.o
_usage in iconv_no_i18n.o
_error in iconv_no_i18n.o
“_rpl_strerror”, referenced from:
_error in iconv_no_i18n.o
“_safe_read”, referenced from:
_convert in iconv_no_i18n.o
“_set_program_name”, referenced from:
_main in iconv_no_i18n.o
“_uc_width”, referenced from:
_update_line_column in iconv_no_i18n.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Am on OS X 10.11.6

Thanks for any help, I am going overseas for a month with no remote access, so I will have to check back in next month!