New useful features in math parser, planned in 2.9.8

That would be so useful here. But, it’s not. I wish the numberpad were replaced with some useful symbol like currency symbol and degree symbol. I never use the numberpad.

For future reference (haven’t read the answers yet), keyboard shortcuts - Compose key on Windows - Super User.

Desktop I use here is MATE with Gentoo Linux; standard US keyboard and en-US locale. No explicit ° key. Any application running on this desktop can accept SHIFT+CNTL+U+<code point> (0167 for degree symbol. More keys than Win 10). However, I mostly work in Emacs and have macros assigned for various non-keyboard characters.

Didn’t you remap the Windows key to the Compose key (Windows key is often useless) ?
This has changed my life for writing things on a computer.

The idea of compose gave me a try at remapping the window key. I had to download a software just for that in Windows.

Now, I can do this: 135°==deg2rad(135)==(135/180)*pi

Better than Altkey IMO.

Yep, alt codes aren’t easy to remember, which is why I brought this up. Which app did you install @Reptorian? I might try it when I have time.

WinCompose.

Compose + o + o = °
Compose + * + p = π

I don’t think this is possible, but I would like to see srand2(), and u2() and so forth. srand() would only affect u(), and srand2() would only affect u2().

This means setting different seeds with different random generator. A quick search reveals that srandn() where n is number from 2-9, and they don’t exist and neither does u2u9.

EDIT: I tested srand(n) inside math parser, and random values on different image. Seem to give me what I want. This’ll do.

Note that a random generator generates a new random number u_n based only on its previous value u_{n-1}.
What srand() function does is only set the value of u_{n-1} with a prescribed value given by the user.
So, if you want to manage several random generators in an expression, you just have to manage a vector of different ‘seeds’, like this:

# Manage 8 different random generators:
begin(
  seeds = vector8();
  fill(seeds,k,k*u);
);

uk(k) = (
  srand(seeds[k]);
  seeds[k] = u;
);

srandk(k,value) = (
  seeds[k] = value;
);