New Version loses ability to import hierarchical Keyword Tags

For several years, I have used templates in XnViewMP to apply hierarchical keyword tags that were initially created in digiKam, along with all pertinent IPTC and XMP data.

These XnView applied keyword tags would incorporate within the digiKam tag structure in their appropriate hierarchical places.

Now, I updated digiKam to version 7.8.0 and have lost this ability.

My tags applied via the XnView templates that have always worked properly before now show up in the digiKam tag tree as single level tags, causing me all manner of headache and heartache.

I have tried several methods to work around this; but, no matter what I try, the result is the same = they show up as single level tags.

The reason I installed 7.8.0 was for the DeBug View feature so as to do some troubleshooting on another problem I have been having.

However, this new loss of hierarchical tag importing ability has made me decide to backdate to my previous version.

Thanks for reading and all help is appreciated.

UPDATE (10 hours later):

After numerous attempts to get the newer Version 7.8.0 to behave as I wanted/needed, I re-installed Version 7.3, overwriting Version 7.8.0

As soon as the change was made, I made several test runs; and, no surprise here, Version 7.3 accepts and handles hierarchical keyword tags applied via my XnViewMP templates, incorporating them into my established digiKam tags tree.

At the moment I can’t imagine that there is a difference between digiKam-7.3.0 and 7.8.0 when importing tags. Please send me an image with hierarchical keyword tags created by XnViewMP not importing correctly in digiKam-7.8.0 to investigate the problem.

Where do I send this image ?
Thanks.

metzpinguin at gmail dot com

Ok, the problem is clear, there are some conditions for the problem to appear (changed advanced metadata settings). The problem was introduced by an external author to fix another tag path assignment bug.
The problem has already been fixed for digiKam-7.9.0:

Here you can download a preview version of digiKam-7.9.0:

1 Like

Good News !
Thank you so much !
I was afraid that you couldn’t reproduce the problem.
Thanks again.