News about Rawtherapee development

I’ve put together a draft webpage, just to see how things might look from a format point of veiw.

RawFocus: Your Up-To-Date Resourse for Everything that’s Happening in the RawTherapee Universe!

Let me know what you think, everybody. If it’s the sort of thing everyone’s looking for, I’ll crack on with the content; if not, I might just carry on with it as seperate thing on my website. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’m interested mostly in the content, so I’ll be looking forward to that!

2 Likes

I know this is probably the wrong thread, but I wanted to ask. I noticed that one of the RT modules “local adjustments” does not have a translation in my language (Polish). What can I do to access the translation of this tool?

No one has translated Local Adjustments into Polish yet.

1 Like

Hello, do you mean that you want to translate Local Adjustments in Polski?

In that case, search for the file called Polish in the folder rawtherapee/rtdata/languages and go to line 2072, all the entries that follow are preceded with an exclamation mark, meaning they still have to be translated, like so:

!HISTORY_MSG_500;Local - Spot shape

Translate the right part and remove the ! in front of that line. When done, you can upload that file via Github (you need an account) or just here I suppose.

The last Polish translation dates from February 2020, since then lots (read: LOTS) of new terms were introduced.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Here we go: RawFocus

Would something like this be any good to anyone?

6 Likes

It is a perfect summary of the most important information about 5.10…
I think this should be linked on the RT homepage under “Latest news”.
This is best info (and easy to find for everyone!) to show that RT is alive.

BR

2 Likes

martbetz, this is very valuable information and I follow ThomasO: It should go the the news section on the RT homepage.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind feedback, @ThomasO and @mozzihh. It’s posted temporarily as a page on my website at present, just for the sake of convenience. If there’s enough interest and the devs are happy to do so, I’ve no problem with the content being included on the RawTherapee website (I’d agree that within the ‘news’ section would be the logical place). Equally, I’ve no problem with keeping it up to date with any developments.

If not, then I’ll host something independently — with maybe a direct link on the RT website so everyone could find it (again, if the devs are happy to do).

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to write something up. I’m not sure if we can publish it soon enough to be useful since the release is looking likely in less than a week and someone with the website access will be needed to publish anything at all. I think the way it works is the news article must be added to Pat David / rawtherapee-web · GitLab and it will automatically be published. However, I see at least one article that is not synchronized (see the macOS instructions on the 5.9 download page). Something’s not quite right here.

A few comments about what you wrote: The term “pre-release” is not officially used in the project, so “release candidate” is the preferred term. The next version after 5.10 is to be determined. At this point, I don’t see any significant changes that will require a bump in the major version. 5.11 is most likely the next release, but time will tell.

1 Like

I was previously informed to have the actual website updated, we must raise an issue, for example:

@Lawrence37 or @patdavid Would it be possible for someone to obtain rawtherapee dot org and have it point to the patdavid gitlab site?

All issues corrected. Not to worry; I’ll just run this as my own project that people are welcome to read and use as a reference if they so choose. :slight_smile:

I’ll copy it over into my main personal website content so readers will know what to expect when RT 5.10 is released.

Thanks for taking a look and considering my offer of contribution. :blush:

I believe the website must be synced manually, but we can do that. We just have to know about it.

Yep, I can build and push to the webserver manually. Just let me know when it’s ready or what I can do.

Great! I will keep you updated on the status of the release.

Very interesting!
Would you provide an RSS for this?

Hervé
P. S. the link at the bottom, “is now available for download from the official RawTherapee website.” is wrong (rawtherapee .com, not .org -the link at the top being right)

Hi, @Herve5RT, and thanks for the kind words. I put the page together just as an example, really, purely to show the content off to see if the RT team would find it useful for inclusion into the ‘news’ section of their site – it’ll likely be removed shortly as there’s no real interest.

I may continue it purely for my own fun, but it’ll likely remain just that: nothing more than an independent and unofficial personal project on my part; as such, I’ll likely not be giving it it’s own home and RSS feed (in any case, my entire website is just a personal, experimental fun project).

P.S. Well spotted on the incorrect link - now fixed.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware that it had been added to the RawTherapee web site, and in fact I can’t find it there, so I wouldn’t be in a hurry to conclude that there’s no interest.

It hasn’t – see @Lawrence37’s reply above.

As far as general interest is concerned, I haven’t really had much feedback; as such, I naturally just assume it’s not something that appeals to the masses. :slight_smile:

I don’t have much mass, but it appeals to me.

2 Likes