next video meeting: February 6, 22:00 UTC

Checking the live stream link and it looks like I’m the only one in the room. Jitsi must be having issues.

Any one else get booted from the meeting and not able to get back in? @chewy and myself were able to get into the Feb 2021 room with one other member but we were all in North America. Maybe whatever Jitsi node is being use for our part North America can’t connect back out.

@anon41087856 jitsi crashed come back

Well I think jitsi died

Tried showing up on the original time, oops!

Ok. I am sorry it ended like this. Anyway thank you @anon41087856 for the great live edits! And thanks to everyone else for coming! Hope it will work better next time. I am going to bed now.

2 Likes

Missed that because I had already left. (Something did happen to my connections right around colour balancing. All the feeds were cut for 10 min. I quit and was able to reenter.)

Although there was a technical disconnect at the end, I found the session very informative and educational. Thanks to all who attended and especially to @betazoid and @anon41087856 !

I hope to see you again soon!

3 Likes

I was never deconnected, although I had the feeling, at one point, that I was talking alone in the void.

4 Likes

Anna, thanks for hosting, and Aurelien, thanks for the presentation. Enjoyed the evening!

2 Likes

I get that feeling a lot too, not only on Jitsi. I think it has something to do with becoming old. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sorry I was afk a bit - family stuff jumped up and I had to take care of some things.
I did get to hear @anon41087856 for a while and what I was able to watch was informative!

I just noticed that the recording of the first part of the meeting (= first edit) was successful, the other parts are basically unusable. I have added “pixls.us live meeting” to the name of the video. Well, better than nothing.

I think if it’s going to be mostly a live stream by a single presenter, the YouTube live events that @anon41087856 has run in the past have worked ok. Perhaps would be better to de-camp to YT for those sort of things.

What a pity because the second edition was a bit more difficult for the color calibration module.

I couldn’t participate on this, but at least for the first meeting the live interaction and Q&A part was much more interesting and rich than a live stream (and I don’t think live text comments would fulfill the same role).

2 Likes

…I fully agree on this, plus I think it is a great opportunity that people are able to see & hear each other live and interact. I would value that higher than just the “net weight” of information that would be given on a youtube live :wink:

1 Like

Just thinking of the people who weren’t able to join in real time. Also fine with keeping it on jitsi if there’s a way to live stream the whole thing or record for later playback.

Jitsi can live stream to YouTube, that’s what was done in both meetings. Unfortunately the free Jitsi network can be a bit of a hit or miss depending on number of participants, time of day, location of the relay server, etc.

I suggest we give this another try and limit the number of the participants to 15 or so at the next meeting. Actually I closed the room (enabled lobby mode) because I thought that 20 participants were enough but others were still letting people in. The problem was that people kept trying join even though they were kicked out by Jitsi after some minutes.
In the end, this is not a super important business meeting which thousands of bucks or lives depend on. But I am sorry that Aurélien was the unlucky one, and it is annoying.

1 Like