Only a small testimony

Awesome!

Just submitted a pull request to you. Added bracketed images and a readme.md file to explain them. Let me know if you need anything else!!

Awesome! Thank you, I saw that earlier but donā€™t have github access on my phone. Iā€™ll pull it tomorrow.

1 Like

@Isaac Do you have a lens profile for these shots?

No lens profile, but I have been achieving good results simply setting lens information manually each time with ā€œequirectangularā€, choosing focal length of 12mm, and crop factor of 2 (micro four thirds). The lens is the Samyang/Rokinon 12mm f2. I did a half-hearted Google search for an available lens profile file for this lens the other day, but didnā€™t find one. Have been too busy to set up a proper calibration image to make a profile with hugin calibration tool, but could try to do that in the next few daysā€¦

Hi,

I also wanted to say that I have used hugin lately for some blending of bracketed (non tripod) panorama shots. It works great for the alignment and I do love the ā€œexposure fused from stackā€ output as it gives me a very nice realistic look (not the overly HDR-effect kind of look), which is a great starting point for further processing (if wanted).

So thanks to the developers !!!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I finally had time to circle back to the tutorial, if anyone wants to proof read it, it can be found here.

2 Likes

Looks like there may have been an errant paste here:

Select the **Calculgit rebase backstopjs-test git rebase backstopjs-next micas@thehorn:~/Desktop/Photography/website$
ate Field of View** button. 1. Select the Calculate Optimal Size button

Otherwise itā€™s looking good! :slight_smile:

Oh damn!

I fixed that typo/mispaste, thanks @patdavid.

My last question, @Carmelo_DrRaw, would be:

When selecting the roll and vertical + horizontal translation, should I also select the shot Iā€™ve chosen as my exposure/position anchor?

As far as I understand, no. The anchor image is left unchangedā€¦ probably the fact that it is marked as ā€œnot activeā€ automatically fixes the parameters, but Iā€™ve not directly checked this statement.

Thanks @Carmelo_DrRaw!

@patdavid I think this article is almost good to go.

On my local machine, I zipped the three example folders, should I just check them into git?

1 Like

Sure? The example folders are all the images and assets? You can leave them all in the post folder, too. I doubt weā€™d be gaining much from zip compression on them. You can either send a PR, or a patch (up to you).

I though zipping them would spare people from downloading each file individually, since there are three sets of bracketed shots: one with 3, and two with 5+.

1 Like

Of course. Excuse my brain-fart (Iā€™m getting old). Package however you want it, and Iā€™ll make sure it gets published and is available. :slight_smile: