out of the box RAW rendering not up to JPEGs

LC should indeed come after Filmic RGB in the pixel pipe, and this is what I observe in the default pixel pipe order in DT 3.0.0. Which version are you using @priort?

Local contrast is in my version of darktable above RGB Filmic (and therefore after in pixel pipe).

If you imported the image in an earlier version of darktable that image will retain the old pixelpipe order (so as not to change the effect of previous edits you might have made). To get the new order you currently need to discard the history stack.

If you want to do this and retain previous edits then duplicate the file, discard history in the duplicate, then copy the history stack from the original to the duplicate.

There will hopefully be a new module soon that allows you to update the history stack order to match that of a specific version of darktable.

2 Likes

The camera profile you created with darktable-chart is normally for daylight images. That’s when you created the profile.

For daylight images you took, just apply the LUT and click in filmic rgb on auto tune level and you’re done.

1 Like

@Matt_Maguire @Peter @anon41087856 Fresh edit and now on 3.1+420…it is as it should be …so maybe I was looking at an old edit or had an older version at the time…all good LC now seems to be after filmic for me…

1 Like

@Nor_man
Thank you so much for your work! The Oly_PM_Natural dtstyle helped me a lot with my em5 mark iii
(Vielen Dank für Deine Mühe und das Du die Ergebnisse zur Verfügung stellst)

1 Like

This is an old post I stumbled on …may I ask for clarification…as you use 49 patches you have a chart with more than 24 I would guess…For your multiple CLUT do you run chart once. Then generate an new jpg from the raw with only the CLUT of the first run or do you apply the tone curve. Then you run this again once or twice…so then you use the final tone curve and keep the 3 luts created from each iteration??