PhotoFlow AppImage package ready for testing

It’s working on my ubuntu box too. Wonderful. :slight_smile:

It must be some different way of setting the background color in the two cases…

Thanks for checking! The appimage is almost trivial to generate once you have a working Ubuntu package and a sample recipe (I’ve used the one for dark table in this case).

RT embeds its own theme, which is probably why it works.

Yep. My thought exactly.

Photo flow in principle does the same, but some configuration option must be missing…

This is working on my Ubuntu Mate install. I think my Fedora install has gone sideways :thumbsdown:

The .desktop file is broken, hence installation into the menu does not work:

• file contains key “_GenericName” in group “Desktop Entry”, but key names must contain only the characters A-Za-z0-9- (they may have a “[LOCALE]” postfix)
  • file contains key “_Comment” in group “Desktop Entry”, but key names must contain only the characters A-Za-z0-9- (they may have a “[LOCALE]” postfix)
  • file contains key “_Keywords” in group “Desktop Entry”, but key names must contain only the characters A-Za-z0-9- (they may have a “[LOCALE]” postfix)

Thanks, I will look into that!

Do you plan to submit the script to generate the AppImage to the PhotoFlow upstream team?

Well, actually the “PhotoFlow upstream team” is myself :smiley:

In any case, I plan to push the AppImage recipe to the github repository as soon as I’ve fixed few issues, including the one you reported with the .desktop file…

1 Like

Updated AppImages from the git “stable” branch are now being regularly uploaded to a special GitHub release called Continuous.

If you are interested to test the latest PhotoFlow version under Linux, and your distribution does not provide nightly PhotoFlow builds from git, then those AppImage packages can be a valid alternative…

1 Like