PhotoFlow News and Updates

Yes, it looks like the automatic detection does not work due to the camera/lens name formatting in the EXIF data. However, I was able to manually select the good camera/lens combo. Could you check if they are available also in your windows version?

Thanks!

As said twice before, the selection boxes won’t open. Actually, this time around, something does happen. I see a short horizontal line appear when I click to the left of Unknown camera.

There was indeed a problem with the update of the LensFun database during the package creation, so the LF DB was actually empty. The Win64 package from today should finally fix this issue. Could you please confirm that it works for you as well?

Thanks! And sorry for the delay in fixing this. I am catching up with the pending issues after a quite heavy period at work…

1 Like

No problem. I didn’t know if you got the message because you didn’t address it.

The entries take a long time to sift through because the names don’t match and there are multiple sub-selection menus per manufacturer. Please consider a Boolean partial word filter / search box, Same request I have had for the new layer menu.

Another feature (that I have mentioned but am not holding my breath on) is the ability for the user to specify the installation of gmic. I think this would simply things.

1 The pace of development is fast, I usually have the latest version on my system. People interested in gmic would already have the package installed through their package manager or manually.
2 You won’t have to package an obsolete version.
20XX Include the G’MIC plugin but use PhotoFlow preview instead of the plugin’s, which is inaccurate.

2 Likes

Hi, I am a bit confused.

Photoflow 2.8 is included in the Debian testing repo. However, there are serveral issues: 1. I cannot open raws from my OM-D E-M 5 Mark III - it’s a relatively new camera that is available since about 18 months; 2. If I use a light gtk theme, the icons are invisible; 3. If I open a file and create layers, apparently the options for merge (blend) mode and the opacity slider are missing, also in the mask settings there is no mix button.

I tried several other AppImages. PhotoFlow_git_v0.3.0-rc1_linux_20200613_1458_b7b4d.AppImage cannot open the raws form my e-m5 mark III and in PhotoFlow_git_stable_linux_20200804_2036_00b2c.AppImage merge mode options, opacity slider and the mix button are missing.

I would really like to have a closer look at this program. Should I compile it or are there usable AppImages?

Thanks Anna

1 Like

I use PhotoFlow in a minimalist way in win10, so I haven’t verified whether the bugs have been fixed (in Windows or Linux). I have reported so many that I don’t want to apply too much pressure on @Carmelo_DrRaw who is the sole dev. :stuck_out_tongue: I have seen yours, so you aren’t crazy.

A workaround to your present problem may be to change the way modules are displayed. Since my screen is relatively small, I set my modules to appear in windowed form by default.

Lastly, the best way to access builds is from Release Continuous build · aferrero2707/PhotoFlow · GitHub, but I see you have tried the latest builds, at least in name. If you haven’t already, download from the aforementioned link and try again.

3 Likes

how do I do that?

Double click on module in list to expand to window.

2 Likes

Thank you, it worked.