Photography and Linux on Linux Journal

exactly. might work up to a certain extent with digikam? never tried it though

made similar experiences

However. I remember when I first came to this forum I think about one year ago, and I realized that most people here were using Linux. I thought you were all crazy or left extremists or both. But, I am also active on dslr-forum.de, most of the members there are hardcore Adobe users, mainly Lr users, but there are also some Linux users, since a few years actually. Until a few months ago I was just puzzled. But now I am beginning to understand that with Ps and Lr, image editing is just boring and regressive.
Btw: I had been using Linux many years ago, but switched back to Windows because 10-15 years ago not much really worked properly on Linux as far image editing was concerned. But of course, from a programmer’s and IT guy’s perspective who is interested in photography, it was completely different…
I wish there were more articles about open source photography software on c’t for example.

1 Like

Probably yes to that one :stuck_out_tongue:

Free Software attracts all kinds of people. Go to a conference to find out about that. At least here in the U.S., I know quite a few very conservative people who are very much into Free Software, as it appeals to (1) freedom and (2) the conservative idea of “pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps,” a sort of DIY ethos. Because of Free Software, I’m friends with people I’d probably not otherwise encounter, I understand their points, respect their opinions because I’ve taken some time to get to know them. I think we’re all better for it.

3 Likes

I thought you had to be an,
Ageing Greying Portly Old Hippie :v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v:

1 Like

well I am indeed coloring my hair… :wink:

1 Like