[PlayRaw] Snow on spider web

Boy in britches with hiking stick examining the ground.

I’ll stop posting here. When I post a spider the owner goes psycho, when I post ice crystals the picture acts a a Rorsach test and uncovers a bad case of pareidolia… and an obsession with blood. :smirk_cat:

Looks more like a scab peeling off…

@Ofnuts Blame @chroma_ghost for encouraging the crazy in me, @ggbutcher for pointing out the red and your profile pic for encouraging pareidolia. :clown_face:

I must say… now I’m wary of the possibility of you cuting someone’s ear and start chewing it in logarizmic ways : " " : :japanese_ogre:

That’s kind of a cross posting :sunglasses:

Bear-of-little-brain here had to look it up: “…is a type of apophenia, which is a more generalized term for seeing patterns in random data. Some common examples are seeing a likeness of Jesus in the clouds or an image of a man on the surface of the moon.”

Really, I’ve had to look up more words since I joined this group than at any prior time in my life. Metamerism, for instance, to tell me about what I already didn’t know regarding my socks… :smile:

I wanted to add some color, so I turned to ideepcolor.

colorized1
Auto-colorized image was not interesting enough, so I used the Global Histogram Transfer notebook to go deeper.

Reference Image:
ref

Citation:

Real-Time User-Guided Image Colorization with Learned Deep Priors, Zhang, Richard and Zhu, Jun-Yan and Isola, Phillip and Geng, Xinyang and Lin, Angela S and Yu, Tianhe and Efros, Alexei A
ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG) vol. 9:4, 2017 ACM

1 Like

@afre and I have been corresponding about denoising and such, and in doing so I went looking for a good way to get a smooth background without resorting to retouch tools. The single thing that worked the best was a reduction resize, so I went with it. Also, grayscale, higher contrast, and ludicrous sharpen to make the ice edges stand out:

Sometimes, I just like to go abstract, abrogate most sense of realism…