original.RAF.pp3 (11.7 KB) Hello. First of all, I apollogize for my English. I need some help. I have a Fuji X10 and take pictures in RAW. I attach an example revealed with Photoshop and with Rawtherapee and I don’t have the same results, especially around the sun. I attach the pp3 file too. Please, could someone help me to recover the image around the sun in Rawtherapee to reach a similar result than in the photoshop example.
My try with RT 5.7Highlightrec.RT.4.jpg.out.pp3 (12.7 KB)
it’s a file with multiple frames inside it, one recording the data from the highlights and one recording the shadows. it seems raw therapee can’t combine the two frames, so it’s manual masking task to extract the best of both of those images.
@heckflosse might be interested in inspecting those files…
You can use HdrMerge to combine the 2 frames to a DNG which you can process in RT.
I spent at least 15 min with RT last night. The result I posted was only so so. Hoped you could come up with a solution in RT , without using hdrmerge.
I also tried Lightroom. It took me about 20 sec to get the same result as Photoshop.
I have used R/T Mode, that in some way combine both images
I will try this night. Thank you.
Normally I use Luminance HDR. Is HDRMerge better than Luminance?
They’re somewhat different - Luminance does merging of bracketed exposures, AND it does tonemapping and quite a few other operations.
HDRMerge is designed to focus solely on one thing: Merging bracketed frames into a single high dynamic range DNG. Some Fujis behave in a manner similar to bracketing by having pixels with a mix of either pixel sizes or gain settings in a single frame - they save two separate frames for each shot.
I’m personally more familiar with the HDRMerge workflow.
My Take in RT (roughly 5 minutes):
Admittedly I couldn’t get the sun as recovered as PS did but the rest I find quite ok:
original_RT.jpg.out.pp3 (11.2 KB)
Using HDRMerge first to get the HDR DNG file, followed with either:
The “log encoding” in ART got me quickly in the ballpark, then it was just a matter of small tweaks.