Plugin for creating automatic tags

That is just awesome. No hurries whatsoever, the anticipation will make it better…

This is really awesome. Are the Tags added to the Sidecar files? Any new developments? Is there a site of wiki with the latest install instructions and scope of the project?

Hi @sleekspeed22 you can find the github page here: GitHub - scheckmedia/photils-cli: photils-cli is an application that passes an image through a neural network, classifies it, and extracts the suggested tags. Everything happens offline without the need that your data are sent over the internet.

Does anyone know when the windows version will be ready?

At the end of March (I hope), you can expect a new version containing the binaries for Windows. First, I need to eliminate and replace some dependencies which won’t work on windows but, as a consequence, have to train a new model.

As a status update, I’ve implemented the feature to add a custom translation of your keywords, and this will also be part of the next version.

4 Likes

Is there any news?

Unfortunately not, I’m too busy finishing my dissertation and have started a new job in the meantime, which leads to even less time. It’s still on my agenda, but I can’t say when I’ll find time for it.

2 Likes

I am having difficulty building this (openSuse Tumbleweed - cpe:/o:opensuse:tumbleweed:20210831, x86-64). Would anyone have a Flatpack version that I could download?

Fantastic work Tobias!
Having just switched OS I am qurious if a windows version is on your agenda still?

Good luck with your dissertation!

Hey everyone, I’ve finally found some hours to work further on the windows port, and it’s finally done. The already existing Lua script in darktable should run out of the box. The newer version and Windows builds can be downloaded from the release page. Although photils is a CLI application, I still had to run it once by opening it from the explorer, where I got a “Windows protected your PC” message: Windows protected your PC message.
In this window, I had to click on more info, and afterward, “Run anyway”. From that point on it was working. All versions using now an updated neural network since I had to remove the old one due to dependency issues.

2 Likes

That is normal behavior

Version 0.4.1 working fine for me

Last version of dt won’t run plugin

@Marcin can you provide some more information?

darktable_bt_OVXUS1.txt (25.6 KB)
Please check attachment

I think now we have to call @wpferguson.

1 Like

@Marcin latest version of dt being 4.0.1 or built from master.

What scripts do you have running?

What were you doing when darktable crashed?

Thanks,

Bill

I am using the lastest stable version 4.0.1 and a script downloaded by script_manager.
There is no improvement after updating the scripts.
I select the image in the lightroom, choose to search for tags, at this point I get an error window. I click OK, an error report is created from the attachment. DT closes automatically.

I can recreate. I’ll see what I can figure out.

2 Likes

Any news about this plugin?