Pretty old barn

I decided to make the barn the “star of the show”. Had to remove part of one post. In GIMP as always.

2 Likes

Thank you! Glad to be a member.

I don’t have a sidecar file. I convert raw files to DNG and then process in ACR and Photoshop. If I understand correctly, sidecar files show the changes made in ACR, but most of the edits on this photo I made in Photoshop.

David Thomasson

Radiantpics.com

Thank you! I don’t have a sidecar file. I convert raw files to DNG and then edit in ACR and Photoshop. I think the sidecar file is embedded in the DNG. Also, if I understand correctly, the sidecar would only show edits made in ACR, not those made in Photoshop.

My version…

251018_094217_DSC05229.ARW.xmp (25,0 KB)

5 Likes

I remember the DPReview days, David. Cool to see you post here. Been possibly over a decade. lol

Hope to see more from you here if not at DPReview (which is completely a different place now; lol). Post a lot more here than there now anyway, since I can play once again. lol

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

This forum focuses on FOSS edits only. You are welcome to download, use and share sidecars/images from any of the FOSS editors (eg. darktable, rawtherapee, ART, etc). I’m biased towards darktable.

1 Like

Hello, just out of curiosity, where did you take the photo? The street looks like Germany. I would guess the clinker brick half-timbered houses are in northern Germany, but the hills don’t fit in with that.

Hey @Tobias: Northern Hessia near Edertal Bergheim.

2 Likes