Problem compiling luminancehdr on mac OS X 12

This tells you why, your hard disk is full. Try making some room for LHDR deleting/backing up unneeded stuff. I’ll fix the script, icons isn’t installed

Drive has free space > 500GB left… I think it might be referring to the disk image it’s trying to create?

There’s a -megabytes 150 option in the script. Increase the value to something feasible, lets say 300.

Yes, dmg builds fine now, icons also missing from that build as well.

Yeah, I’m fixing cmake for it, for now just copy icons directory manually, hdrhtml must be copied too.

I just pushed the fix, you can pull and test it. We are seeing the end of the tunnel :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Produces a good dmg with a working app, but the icons still aren’t appearing. icons and hdrhtml being copied ok.

Ok, I think the right path is now set in main.cpp. Do a git pull and start again :open_mouth:

Thanks Franco, that worked:

Here’s the dmg:
https://filebin.net/612u0c9opewsxzx6/Luminance_HDR_2.5.0.dmg

Cool mate :clap: :clap: :clap:
A nice feature of 2.5 is that you can change icons to better integrate LHDR into each supported platform. So if you have/find a set of icons more suited for OS X, replace the ones inside icons/luminance-hdr/apps with the new ones (same name).

@fcomida The latest pull has I think changed some locations and I’m now getting this error during cmake…

-- Installation of Luminance HDR 2.5.0 in /Applications
CMake Error at build_files/Packaging.cmake:17 (include):
  include could not find load file:

/Users/tune/lhdr/LuminanceHDR/build/PackagingApple.cmake
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:322 (include)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/Users/tune/lhdr/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

changing the appropriate line in the Packaging.cmake from build to build_files did resolve that error.

Thanks a lot, just pushed. Is LHDR stable on OS X? Any major issues?

Seems stable without issue.

1 Like

@HIRAM

@fcomida emailed about Luminance refusing to launch on El Capitan (10.11). I think this is because you have linked to the 10.12 SDK. You can change that on the command-line by setting the environment string MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.9 (or whatever SDK you target). For example:

$ make MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.9 or $ env MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.9 make

If you’re building in Xcode, search for MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET in the UI and you’ll find a key you can set. There’s a discussion here about setting this in CMake. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10165335/can-cmake-specify-the-base-sdk-on-mac-os-x

You can download the platform SDK from developer.apple.com

Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion 10.5 10.6 10.7 10.8 Maverics, Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra 10.9 10.10 10.11 10.12

Another possibility is that it has something to do with Qt.

Luminance was claiming support for 10.8 and greater. As MacOS-X upgrades are free, we should encourage users to upgrade the OS. My 9 year old iMac which I bought on Black Friday 2007 runs 10.11 because 10.12 refuses to install on such an elderly machine. Great Machine.

I only have Xcode 8.3, which only has the 10.12 sdk. I’ll try getting Xcode 6.3 and running xcodelegacy to bring in the older sdk. GitHub - devernay/xcodelegacy: Legacy components for XCode 4-9 (deprecated compilers and Mac OS X SDKs)
Also found the sdk by itself on GitHub. GitHub - phracker/MacOSX-SDKs: A collection of those pesky SDK folders: MacOSX10.1.5.sdk thru MacOSX11.3.sdk

As I’m compiling from the command line, in addition to the environment setting you mentioned I had to call cmake -DCMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk ../L*

Things go ok, except now the make is warning that my fftw3 was compiled for 10.12. So now off to try and rebuild fftw3 for 10.9. Not sure how to go about that but will give it a try,.

Thanks for working on this and discovering xcodelegacy.

Testing is a challenge. The disk on my 9.5 year old iMac died a few weeks ago and I don’t think it’s worth fixing. I only use the machine to run TimeMachine, so I purchased a 3GB portable drive and attached it to the buildserver. I can’t bring myself to take such a beautiful machine to the e-trash collector. I’ve stored it lovingly in a closet.

I believe I can (legally) install a previous edition of MacOS-X on a VM on the buildserver (a 2014 MacMini). I’ll install Yosemite/10.11 because the issue was raised on 10.11. I’ll see if I can reproduce the report with your 2.5.1 DMG. When we triumph over that, we can discuss with @fcomida how far back in the MacOS-X release chain Luminance needs to reach.

Incidentally, I occasionally build and test Exiv2 on an old Apple Powerbook running Tiger/10.4 using GCC 4.0. I do this primarily to test our big-endian support. However I also feel pride that the Exiv2 code is so sturdy and builds/runs on many platforms.

After convincing findfftw to find fftw per MacOSX build of Luminance_HDR_2.5.1 - #16 by clanmills the build did succeed without the warnings.
https://filebin.net/2djmoa4x4sf6r6nc/Luminance_HDR_2.5.1.dmg

@HIRAM Thanks. We make a good team. Your DMG is working on Sierra.

I think I’ve persuaded Parallels on my MacBookPro to install El Cap (10.11) on a VM. It’s going through the whole install process at the moment. I think it’ll take about an hour to get it installed and working. It’s 18:22 (6:22pm) in England and we have guests for dinner in a few minutes. If this all works, I’ll let you know. If I have to start digging about, it will have to wait until Saturday.

Apple don’t make it easy to install MacOS-X on a VM. That’s the Apple way. Their way, or no way!

And you guys won’t stop at it. I got a request for a build that can run on ENIAC. A virtual machine isn’t enough in this case, you should find an ENIAC emulator…

ENIAC? That was my first machine. I think there might be one in Bletchley Park or somewhere near here.

Good News: El Cap (10.11) is running on a VM on my MacBook Pro. Even Better News: LHDR is working on it! And when it demanded a donation, I clicked “No. Stop bothering me.”.

Right. Time for breakfast.

1 Like