Problem compiling luminancehdr on mac OS X 12

@HIRAM @clanmills align_image_stack not executable

@fcomida
Franco: @HIRAM and I are working on the Luminance build on Yosemite (MacOS 10.10) on a VM on the Exiv2 buildserver. The Exiv2 buildserver is a MacMini sitting on my desk. The work is proceeding well. Weā€™ll update you later this week.

1 Like

@clanmills @HIRAM Guys what about Travis CI? It seems that opensource projects can build on their servers and itā€™s integrated with GitHub, Daniel looked at it some time ago, when I have time Iā€™ll dig more into their documentation to see what it can do.

At the moment weā€™re working on the build. Weā€™ll think about the buildserver later. I think there could be licensing issues with Travis/MacOS-X/GitHub. The exiv2 buildserver is a MacMini running Jenkins and 100% legal. It has VMs running Windows and various versions of Linux to perform the other platform builds.

I know that Daniel is a Travis enthusiast. Does he have Travis building LHDR on Linux or Windows?

No he doesnā€™t, I know very little about travis

OK. Iā€™m working with Richard to get the Mac build working smoothly and Iā€™ll update the ReadMe or Install document when finished. Then we can discuss build servers and/or other platforms. We have friends visiting this week and on vacation next week.

Dear all,
I have a few scattered thoughts, after reading through this thread:

• I have integrated Travis with my PhotoFlow GitHub repository, and so far Iā€™m really happy with it. I am automatically building an AppImage package each time a change is pushed to the development branch, and I am currently testing the cross-compilation of Windows packages. They also provide OSX build nodes. The main limitation is probably the maximum build time of 40 minutes. I am not claiming to be an expert, but I can try to help you out if neededā€¦
  • talking about AppImages, would you be interested into one for LHDR? Iā€™m ready to help on that as well, although not before August.
  • Iā€™ve seen you had troubles with a Findfftw.cmake moduleā€¦ more generally, I wonder why the Find*.cmake mechanism is preferred over the pkgconfig-based pkg_check_modules() function. As a general rule, I find it illogical, and prone to errors, to let cmake itself figure out the location of header files and libraries. In the pkgconfig case, the various packages are responsible of providing a configuration file where the paths, compiler flags and libraries are specified. FFTW3 is one of the libraries that provide a suitable pkgconfig configuration file, which works flawlessly in combination with cmake as far as I can tellā€¦

Ranting ends here :wink:

Interesting, is that 40 minute limitation for compilation on a single logical cpu only?