Processing NRW files in RT 5.8

I recently bought a Nikon Coolpix P950 point-and-shoot camera with a 83X fixed zoom lens. The camera can generate NRW files. But I see that these NRW files always appear with a reddish hue and a bit of distortion when loaded in RT 5.8/Ubuntu with neutral profile. Takes a good amount of RT work to bring them in shape. The NEF files generated on my old Nikon 5100, on the other hand, don’t seem to possess those quirks.

I am guessing that the Nikon 5100/lens presets are already available within the RT database and are picked up by RT automatically, but the Nikon P950/Lens are not. At least I could not see them in the manual lens profile correction.

Am I guessing correctly?
DSCN0171.NRW.zip (20.4 MB)

Attaching a sample NRW file and corresponding JPG file emitted by the camera. Looks like NRW file upload is not allowed so zipped it for upload.

Locate your camconst.json file and insert this

{ // Quality B
        "make_model": "NIKON COOLPIX P950",
        "dcraw_matrix" : [13307, -5641, -1290, -2048, 10581, 1689, -64, 1222, 5175], // copied from ART
        "ranges": { 
            "black": 200
        }
    },

Gives this

Thank you so much. Will do the changes and report back.

@heckflosse- Confirming that this is working. New area to learn… nice…

The lens distortion is still visible initially, but it corrects when Distortion Correction filter is moved to minimum. Perhaps lens data is missing in the database?

camconst.json modified at system level for now. The attempt to place it in the options file folder as mentioned in the file text did not succeed. I may have made some mistake. Will retry.

Thanks again for helping precisely. Much appreciated.