Profile DJI Mini 3 Pro

I have a I have a question, do you know when profiles for the DJI Mini 3 Pro drone will appear?

When someone takes test shots and submits them. So far, no one has ever submitted test shots for any DJI camera product. (At some point I really need to take test shots of my old P2V+ so I can postprocess my old DNGs. You won’t be seeing me taking test shots from any newer DJI product because their battery warranty/battery quality control is so garbage.)

Pretty sure it saves DNG, so unless you want an enhanced dual-illuminant profile with 2.5D LUT, a profile won’t be necessary unless DJI is STILL saving bad profile data to their DNGs, but I had assumed that they would have fixed that by now since that goes all the way back to the Phantom 2 Vision+ (which is why I need to profile the thing)

1 Like

Probably not, they can’t even keep the metadata fields and values consistent between firmware releases on a single sUAS, nevermind across their entire lineup :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just found this post while searching for similar info.
I’m using RawTherapee regularly, but I’m not an expert.
Recently I started flying DJI mini 3 pro and of course I tried to use RawTherapee for its DNG files, but unlike the experience I had with my still-camera (Sony, and Canon before that), the colors are problematic and the lens correction is missing etc.
I’m trying to find lens profile and camera profile for the mini 3 pro, willing to assist by shooting pictures with the drone and uploading them here if it might help.

If you want correct colours and are willing to help have a look here: [RawPedia] How to create DCP color profiles

This describes how to create colour profiles for personal use, but also how to make one that can be included in RawTherapee for general usage by everybody that has a DJI mini pro.

RawTherapee uses lensfun for its lens detection and does not have a lens database itself.

First, check the [Lensfun] Supported Lenses section, it is updated regularly.

If you want to help on the missing lens front you might want to have a look here: [Lensfun] Lens calibration.

1 Like

The issue is probably the same as with DJI Mavic, lens shading. Lensfun can correct the vignetting, but not the colour shift.
Happy reading Looking for samples - smartphone DNGs with embedded GainMap

Thanks for the quick response.
I tried to read the details in the link you mentioned.
I don’t have any color target, and as far as I understand the details there, this is a must in order to create the sample pictures.
If I missed something and can create sample raw files, please let me know how.

The DJI mini 3 pro is not in the list :unamused:

1 Like