Questions, comments and possible bug from a noob

Yes of course I know how to do that in ART, Sébastien, but I still think that RT throws some color magic (by @jdc) to the image. As said, it doesn’t always work, depends on the photo.

Personally, for these 2 pictures, I prefer the less saturated image of ART: particularly the one with the sand-blue sky, which looks more natural to me…

This being said it is really a personal 100% questionable preference of mine.
If one takes a look at the Play Raw, on this forum, whenever an image is proposed to the users to being modified at will, the results are extremely different depending on the choices of the different users…

Back to the topic, in the past, I have read that the ART rendition of the image (before any retouching by the users) was considered better, compared to RT, because ART supports LibRaw.
At present, in the development branch of RT (5.11 upcoming release), LibRaw support is pretty much done.

Thank you Paul

2 Likes

When I open an image with the Neutral processing profile, the results look practically the same in both programs. The big difference is my personal preferences and not the software.

Can I please ask everybody to not “hijack” the thread and keep the topic on questions about ART? If you want to discuss more general topics about this vs that, habits, what is intuitive, what is knowledge, and so on, I think this would deserve its own thread in a different/more general category.

Thanks for the collaboration!

5 Likes

@agriggio

Ok, no problem at all :wink:

Jacques

To move a window with keys, press Alt+Spacebar, then hit M. You can move it with arrow keys. Mouse click or Enter key to finish.