Random magenta cast

It’s not a big issue: usually switching to custom will represent the same parameters in a different way. custom is the less constrained representation (that’s not bound to an illuminant such as black body or daylight).

https://docs.darktable.org/usermanual/3.6/module-reference/processing-modules/color-calibration/

Read the section that begins with

To the left of the color patch is the CCT (correlated color temperature) approximation.’

at least up to and including

Switching between other modes, or from custom to any other mode, will not precisely preserve your settings from the previous mode due to rounding errors.

When the image comes up with bad colours, I usually simply reset the color calibration module (https://docs.darktable.org/usermanual/3.6/darkroom/processing-modules/module-header/).

1 Like

For the second image that has a yellowish cast, I suspect that the issue there is unrelated to the bug that causes the magenta cast in the first image.

When ‘as shot in camera’ is selected, the dropdown menu should remain set to ‘as shot in camera’. The second image is consistent with accidentally selecting the option above it, ‘(AI) detect from image edges’ - selecting that option would perform the detection and then set the dropdown to ‘custom’.

I have this problem constantly with the dropdowns, selecting the wrong option. Not sure if I’m just not being accurate enough with the mouse pointer or not holding the mouse still when releasing the button, or if there is a bug in the implementation. I tried to figure out what was causing this a while ago but didn’t accomplish anything.

Now that you @paolod you mention it, I also have experienced that dt selects a different option from the dropdown than what I have selected. This doesn’t only apply to color calibration, but I have experienced it with crop module. So far I have thought it has been only my clumsy fingers. :slight_smile:

I’ve confirmed there really is a problem with the dropdowns and filed a bug. I may try to figure out how to fix it.