Rapid Photo Downloader 0.9.0a10 is released

The primary change in this release is the user interface to enter Job Codes:

This version of Rapid Photo Downloader is different to the previous version in that you can apply Job Codes to files before downloading them:

In the screenshot above, I selected six photos and clicked the “New…” button. Notice the order of the Job Codes is by most recently used.

In the screenshot above, the Job Code “Cat” was applied to the six photos, whose thumbnail has changed to reflect the new Job Code.

In this last screenshot, I applied a different Job Code to some other photos. I also changed the sort order of the Job Codes to be be the actual Job Code, instead of when it was most recently used.

Other changes in this release include:

• Added Run button to upgrade dialog window that is shown when the program
    was successfully upgraded.

• Fixed bug where a crash would occur after using the “Clear Completed
    Downloads” menu option.

• Fixed bug where selecting a different part of the timeline did not
    always update which thumbnails should be selected. (The values in the Photo
    and Video “Select All” check boxes at the bottom right of the main window
    determine if a thumbnail should be selected or not).

• Fixed bug in file renaming and subfolder name editors when running
    under PyQt 5.8 / Qt 5.8.

• In systems where ExifTool is not installed, inform user via
    error message at startup, and abort.

• In systems where libmediainfo is not installed, a warning message is
    displayed after program startup.

• Added preliminary Greek translation, thanks to Dimitris Xenakis.

Unfortunately Fedora users don’t get the chance to automatically download and install the upgrade, because for some reason on Fedora the python installer pip appears to have a bug in that it doesn’t report that it installed Rapid Photo Downloader like it should do.

As always feel free to share your thoughts on this release. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Updated from version 0.9.0a8 and everything works well. Thanks for your great work Damon :slight_smile:

I’m glad to hear it’s working out okay! I’m currently working on the program preferences user interface:

As an aside, I realized the other day that the Job Code entry as of alpha 10 has more in common with version 0.3.x than 0.4.x. Here is a screenshot of version 0.3 from 2010: