Rapid Photo Downloader AppImage for testing

I wasn’t either, but one thing I like about Python is that when you need something done, chances are someone has already done it :slight_smile:

Speaking of environment variables, it would be good if you can set a special environment variable before the program launches. Then I can try to set the theme and font to something sensible. I notice in the Korora install that the font is an unaliased serif font that is difficult to read at small sizes. May I suggest the env variable RAPHODO_APPIMAGE ? I don’t know if I can fix the aliasing problem, but hopefully the font family can at least be set to a sans serif font.

pymediainfo + libmediainfo is still not working, for some reason. libmediainfo is detected – I can see the message Libmediainfo library: /tmp/.mount_ILk2aT/usr/lib/libmediainfo.so.0, but there is also the log message ERROR pymediainfo is installed, but the library libmediainfo appears to be missing. The code that runs that check is very simple: pymediainfo.MediaInfo.parse('/dev/null'). If an OSError occurs, the code assumes that libmediainfo is missing.

The gst video frame grabbing is still failing. I’ll figure out a way to ask the python introspection developers what’s up there. it’s pretty strange how it fails so often across different library versions.

I just tried the last AppImage. When starting, RPD says that libmediainfo is missing.

Now it detects cameras, I tried my Android phone (fine) and my Fujifilm X-T2, which was detected, but RPD failed to scan it with a “Device busy” message, which may be fixed in more recent libgphoto2 versions (Fuji X-T2, USB ID 04cb:02cd · Issue #133 · gphoto/libgphoto2 · GitHub).

Edit: gphoto2 2.5.14 is supposed to support the Fuji X-T2 already…