Raw decoding - non bayer

At similar resolution bayer-Amaze is about 2.6x speed of xtrans-3-pass at my machine

I have prepared an OSX package with X-trans support:

The windows version will follow as soon as possibleā€¦

Thanks - I have relayed the info to my friends using Mac

ā€¦ and here comes the Windows installer: Dropbox - photoflow-20160627-setup.zip - Simplify your life

Thanks!

excellent news! and thanks

I will talk about it to all my Nikon & Fuji friends, (these are two
different forums :slight_smile: ) I am convinced they should be interested!!!

1 Like

Please pass the message that the Windows version is not as throughly tested as OSX, although I have people using PhF on windows and reporting only minor issues (for example the layer drag & drop does not seem to work correctly).

The new 3 steps algorithm is the one called igv ? is that right ?

No, the choice of demosaicing method does not apply for X-trans. Amaze, LMMSE and IGV are for Bayer sensors.

By the way, the crash you reported on github is now fixed, so I will make new OSX and Windows packages very soon.

I next version I have simply removed the demosaicing selector in the X-trans case. For the future, I will put back a dedicated selector with ā€œFastā€ ā€œ1-passā€ ā€œ3-passā€ and ā€œmonoā€ options as in RT. The present code defaults to the ā€œ3-passā€ method.

Iā€™m just coming to this program fresh and havnā€™t much experience in it but must thank for all the hard work! When is the next release? There doesnā€™t seem to be much activity on github, is the project still under development?

Here is a post from Phase One about CA in Capture One: Improve the Level of Detail by Fixing Chromatic Aberration

Basically, when you are using correlations between colours to get maximum details, the colours need to be correlated.

Also, I have done some layman experimentation in demosiacing and I use the amount of change in chroma spatially as one factor for estimating interpolation direction. It helps to reduce moire patterns. Strong CA confuses this measure. I donā€™t know if any other algorithms use this as well.

You are welcome! The project is under active development, the number of git commits simply reflects the amount of spare time I can devote to the project :wink:

I plan next release for the beginning of September. Which operating system are you using?

Very interesting, Iain, thanks for the link!

CA correction for X-trans will probably enter my list of Autumn projectsā€¦

Thank you for the quick reply! I use Windows and kubuntu variouslyā€¦ I was reading your discussion with filmulator group about maybe a collaboration or inclusion of some of the ideas, is there any update on this?

I think we will resume the work to interface filmulptor and GIMP at the end of the summer vacations, when at least I will have some spare time againā€¦