Raw Photo Editing in ART (screencasts)

Not at all. Quite the opposite, it’s very good to have a brief explanation why you do what. My only critique, they are a bit short.

Thanks to you, and others, this topic is an ART users gold mine.

If we are concerned about it being a distraction, I suppose you could use subtitles instead.

As in appearance or verbosity?

Short in time. I think some are there for just a Second. I find a longer display time less distracting than jumping back.
Can’t find which one now, the cat video is good though.

Pity, seems Ramana’s videos are gone.

I use usercommands a lot for landscape photos, both for panoramas (hugin) and HDR photos (HDRmerge and Enfuse). Now I wanted to make a pseudo-HDR photo from a single photo. I made a new script for that. Here’s how :slight_smile:

(then a question: is it possible with a usercommand to export a file with different exposures?)

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the video! Just curious: do you find that enfuse gives you better results than manipulating the dynamic range directly in art?

That’s certainly possible. I’ll try to post an example later.

Thanks for your reply. Usually I take 3 or 5 photos with different exposures and make a DNG file of them with HDRmerge (via user commands) or with enufuse (also with a user command like you made). Very occasionally, with a single shot of say a sunrise, the editing can be useful, especially as the sky gradually gets lighter or darker. I then make the intermediate exposures, as it were (note: this translation is not in English, but in Googlels :slight_smile: )

Manipulating the dynamic range directly in art works very well (the only thing I sometimes have trouble with is selecting the dots in e.g. an equalizer because they are so small in a high resolution screen)

No, There is usually no difference :slight_smile: (left is Enfuse)