RawTherapee 5.0 Revision 1 Released

Hi Mica. Yes, that’s why I asked if I have to remove first the one I have installed right now. Or will it be installed over my version?

I never remember if the name is Ubuntu Software center or Ubuntu center

@lleo your package manager should take care of that and do the right thing. But if you have a development version of RT installed, then you may as well remove it manually, decide whether you want to delete ~/.config/RawTherapee* and ~/.cache/RawTherapee*, then install the stable RT5.0-r1.

OK, that worked, but why did the problem (no disk thing) not come up with 5.0?

Yes, Morgan, I think I have a development version. If I’m right, the stable version had some problems and I had to install the development.
Shouldn’t be correct to use autoremove or remove or purge instead deleting manually the folders?

DenB6h said,
“Launching the one from sguyader launches just fine. ( Windows 64, using Gtk 3.18: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_AvPFlUj8t5X2ZhQzdsMzI1bmM)”

I also downloaded from sguyader and installed it, and it works fine. I was very happy to see the TooWaBlue theme again!

I am using W 10/64/Pro. I am on the Anniversary edition with all the current MS updates.

I have the same (W10/64 Pro) I noticed that sguyaders has one TooWablue theme whereas the one from the RawTherapee site has 2 TooWa’s (Dark version and the other)

That’s right. @sguyader uses Gtk3.18 and the RawTherapee site uses Gtk3.22.
The themes between Gtk3.18 and Gtk3.22 are not compatible and not identical.

With Gtk3… all these things become a bit more complex.

Thanks for the clarification.

Here’s a new package which also includes a debug version. The gdb executable is included in the installer, and gets installed in the same folder as the rawtherapee executable.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_AvPFlUj8t5azdIZW5FOFFjZm8

2 Likes

@sguyader,
RawTherapee_5.0-r1-gtk3_WinVista_64_[gtk3.18].zip is running perfectly well here. Thanks!

Dunno. How do i check the version. And how can i change a theme :blush:

1. Titlebar
  2. Preferences → About → Version

1 Like

@lleo that’s a question for the person who maintains the RawTherapee package in your distro/your package management system. RawTherapee developers have nothing to do with that. By looking at our Downloads page RawTherapee - Downloads you will find who maintains packages for a given distro. In Ubuntu’s case it’s @Dariusz_Duma If you have a suggestion, you should contact him.

Thanks a million @sguyader! Updating the build on our site right now.

@sguyader unfortunately I cannot upload your package in its current form!
The zip file RawTherapee_5.0-r1-gtk3_WinVista_64_[gtk3.18].zip contains two exe files, I guess each of them is an installer. There is no AboutThisBuild.txt which the website must have in order to accept the build.
What I meant by including debug is that you have only one installer, and this installer installs both rawtherapee.exe (release) and rawtherapee-debug.exe (debug), and the GDB executable, so users don’t have to install RT twice just to get the debug executable. Could you recreate the installer as you would with a normal release build, but also include rawtherapee-debug.exe and gdb.exe? Then zip it along with AboutThisBuild.txt so that I can upload it.

Hi Morgan. In the end I deleted the folders manually. I’ve tried with the commands in the terminal windows, but it didn’t find any RawTherapee installed. To be honest I don’t know how it works, so I deleted the folders and installed the latest version from the ppa.

A new build of 5.0-r1 GTK3 is now available for download from RawTherapee - Downloads
It should not exhibit the “There is no disk in the drive” error, issue #3544.

@Morgan Hardwood
Something seems to be wrong here as this is what I get with this download