RawTherapee 5.0 Revision 1 Released

I checked the “About” and it appears this is the debug version only?

I can go to the folder and open the debug version but the regular version doesn’t seem to be there?

@Morgan_Hardwood and all,

A little late to the party, swatting bugs and all.

The OSX and Windows portable releases are now available on my website: www.partha.com. They will soon be available in the RT downloads area.

Please test and copy me on any issues you may have.

Thanks,
Partha

I just downloaded and installed the latest Win64 version and can’t find the “fast” version of the.exe file (only the “debug” version). I’ll try the 32bit version next to see if it’s the same.

32bit Windows version installed fine, both versions of exe file present and correct.
I’ll reinstall the 64bit to double-check.

@partha thank you. I will upload the macOS builds once we get a confirmation from a user that they work.

Third try. There is a new build from sguyader on our website, we tested it and it works fine:
http://rawtherapee.com/downloads/

@Morgan_Hardwood, @partha

I’ve testet “RawTherapee_Win64_5.0-r1_gtk3-portable.exe” and it works fine without any issues.

@Partha,
I tested RawTherapee_Win64_5.0-r1_gtk2-portable.exe from https://www.partha.com and it’s solid and as fast as lightning :slight_smile:
The last gtk2 ? :cry:
Thanks, Partha !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

3rd time’s the charm!!!
Oh, this is actually sguyders GTK 3.18 not the GTK 3.22 one that was up before.

@Morgan_Hardwood
@sguyader

A surfeit of goodies.
I have downloaded the latest version 5 from the website (sguyader). Comparing it with a version I had downloaded only 24 hours earlier I find the following differences in the “About this build” file:

Commit: 50114c1a ---- Commit: 50114c1
Compiler: gcc 6.3.0 ---- Compiler: gcc 5.3.0
Gtkmm: V3.22.0 ---- Gtkmm: V3.18.0

At present I have installed neither. Which should I choose and what are the essential differences?

Thanks for all your hard work in getting the much anticipated version 5 up and running.

Running @sguyader’s version:

Version: 5.0-r1-gtk3
Branch: 5.0-r1-gtk3
Commit: 50114c1
Commit date: 2017-02-01
Compiler: gcc 5.3.0
Processor: generic x86
System: Windows
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.18.0
Build type: release
Build flags: -m64 -mwin32 -mthreads -std=gnu++11 -mtune=generic -Werror=unused-label -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -msse -msse2 -mwindows -fopenmp -Wno-aggressive-loop-optimizations -DNDEBUG -O3
Link flags: -m64 -mwin32 -mthreads -static-libgcc -mtune=generic -mwindows -s -O3
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON

From RawTherapee - Downloads

All working well.

Thanks!

Just wanted to chime in as I had difficulty with the version I downloaded this morning, but the newest posted this afternoon works well!

@mikesan use the one currently on our website, the “3.18.0” one.

64bit Windows version now installs & runs fine
Congratulations to all concerned

Sorry guys for the bad package this morning, I messed with the new building and installer scheme.
Good to know it’s working now.

3 Likes

Can you tell me how your cmake command looks like, please? I’ve tried to compile myself and every compilation I did opens a console window. It doesn’t matter which BUILD_TYPE I’ve set.

cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="release" -DPROC_TARGET_NUMBER="1" -DBUILD_BUNDLE="ON" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="." -DBINDIR="." -DDATADIR="."  ..

Version: 5.0-r1-gtk3-1-gc4a06048
Branch: dev
Commit: c4a06048
Commit date: 2017-02-03
Compiler: gcc 6.3.0
Processor: generic x86
System: Windows
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.22.0
Build type: release
Build flags:  -std=gnu++11 -mtune=generic -Werror=unused-label -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -O3 -DNDEBUG
Link flags:  -mtune=generic
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON

Hey,
Look in your options file, if you have set verbose=on then a console will always show up even in a Release build. Set it off and the console should go away in release builds.

It’s set to verbose=false

@TooWaBoo : try -mwindows for release builds

@gaaned92

Can you post your whole cmake string, please?

I’ve checked the win.cmake file and if I understand it right, this has to be set automatic, but when I compare my build flags with the win.cmake file something is wrong with that.