RawTherapee 5.1-rc1 released

We have just released RawTherapee 5.1-rc1. This is a release candidate for version 5.1. This is not version 5.1 yet. This release is meant for testing in order to enable us to release a stable 5.1.

Download

If you run into any issues, file a proper bug report as explained in RawPedia.

Package maintainers can get the code by checking out the “5.1-rc1” tag in git, or by downloading a no-git-required tarball from here.

A full list of new features will be made available once 5.1 is released. If no issues are found with this release candidate, the final release will be made in about 5 days time.

10 Likes

Where’s here and is it up yet?

It seems that it has not been built yet, @gaaned92 usually builds for Windows.

OK, thanks.

@Morgan_Hardwood
Here’s a build of 5.1-rc1: https://filebin.net/y7cibe30pwa69h7n
Built with Gtk 3.18

1 Like

By the way, the installer worked on my system, and RT launched and opened a couple raws just fine. I didn’t make me tests tough.

I processed and exported a few images with the MacOS version linked in the first post and had no problems. I’m giving the windows version a try later today.

Thank you for the build @sguyader and for the feedback @Homo_erectus

Been using the windows build for a few minutes this morning.

It won’t export a file to the Desktop. The batch processor runs, but it never actually creates a file.

Also, in the Editor, when adjusting sliders, occasionally the box that contains them seems to move under the right edge of the window necessitating that the whole right side tool box have its size adjusted in order to get it back out from under the edge of the widow. This is using the TooWaBlue theme. I’ll test with the default theme later today.

Sounds like a permissions issue.

A screenshot would help.

I have to head out to work, I’ll try to get you a screenshot this evening if I can.

This is a standard install of windows 10. I didn’t do anything weird with it or with the RT install. I’ve seen this particular bug in various versions of RT on various widows 10 based computers for the last year or so. It’s one of the bugs I check for every time I use a new version of RT. If there’s anything I can do to help find and fix this, please let me know.

The “Save to folder” not working bug is probably this one: Queue tab "Save to folder" shortcuts don't update PathFolder in options file · Issue #3301 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub

The “Save to folder” not working bug is probably this one: Queue tab "Save to folder" shortcuts don't update PathFolder in options file · Issue #3301 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub

It’s fixed now (has to be cherry-picked for dev)

That seems to be exactly it. If I choose the “Desktop” option from the top of the “Save to Folder” drop down menu then exported files just disappear. If I instead choose “Other” from the “Save to Folder” drop down and then manually choose the Desktop I can successfully export to the Desktop.

I’ve also seen two crashes to desktop when switching from the File Browser to the Editor. I’ll read about how to properly submit a bug report.

There is a list of some of the features at http://rawtherapee.com/ (looks like the main web site is down at the moment so better to use the links above for any downloads).

Major points:
New Features

• Pentax Pixel Shift support, to automatically combine sub-images from a Pentax Pixel Shift raw file into one high quality image, with support for automatic motion detection and masking.
  • Support for processing any sub-image from raw formats which support multiple images. Currently up to 4 sub-images supported.
  • Dynamic Profile Creator to automatically generate per-image custom processing profiles by merging existing processing profiles based on image metadata (Exif).
  • New command-line executable “rawtherapee-cli(.exe)” to reduce startup time for command-line operations.
  • HaldCLUT paths are now relative to the HaldCLUT folder as set in Preferences. This enables you to share PP3 files easier.
  • Auto White Balance now has a Temperature Bias, letting you make the automatic temperature warmer or cooler.
  • LCP correction works for raw and non-raw files.
  • LCP distortion correction support for fisheye lenses.
  • Certain tools are now hidden or disabled if the loaded image does not support them, e.g. the tools in the Raw tab are disabled when working with a non-raw file.
  • Improved fit-to-window zoom functionality of the main preview in the Editor tab.
  • New Fast Export option to downscale the image before processing, to increase speed.
  • Custom crop ratio.
  • Automatic monitor profile detection also in Linux.
  • Lens information support added for Panasonic cameras.
  • Support for lossy DNG files.
  • Support for compressed Fujifilm Bayer raw files.
  • Support for compressed X-Trans raw files.
  • Support for Sigma sd Quattro DNG raw files.
  • Added DCP profiles for accurate color for:
    • FUJIFILM X100S
    • LG Mobile LG-H815 (LG G4)
    • NIKON D300
    • NIKON D5600
    • NIKON D80
    • NIKON D810
    • OLYMPUS E-M1MarkII
    • Panasonic DMC-GX85

Of course some of the above may need to be disabled in the final build if problems are found.

There are actually more recent builds than the ones on this particular thread, which are a week old. The following are half-a-week old builds:
Mac: https://filebin.net/kdwcikqfl5k8obdw/RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_64_5.1.zip
Windows: Filebin | n8nqv5cys7491dos
Roadmap for 5.1 · Issue #3687 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub