RawTherapee-dev Apple M1 š›½-test

Thanks ThomasM, it really works!
Now, to me, the rawtherapee Mac M1 v5.8 is perfect!
And thanks to you HIRAM.

Maybe we should be defaulting to 2. Let me see if I can get a PR going in the next few hours.

Updated build with new options keyfile.
https://kd6kxr.keybase.pub/RawTherapee_macOS_11.3_arm64_5.8-3046-g5268b94cf.zip

Note: With this build, I have updated the options keyfile. That means, to have the new default behavior, delete your '~/Library/Application Support/RawTherapee' or if Big Sur+, the ~/Library/Containers/RawTherapee folder before first launch.

1 Like

Can I use this build for M1 running macOS Monterey too? Thank you for all your hard work regardless.

Doesnā€™t work on my macbookPro 14" with M1Pro and under Monterey. It just open an empty window with this error message :

(rawtherapee:873): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 12:13:23.537: invalid cast from ā€˜GtkMenuBarā€™ to ā€˜GtkWindowā€™

(rawtherapee:873): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 12:13:23.537: gtk_window_add_accel_group: assertion ā€˜GTK_IS_WINDOW (window)ā€™ failed

(rawtherapee:873): Gtk-WARNING **: 12:13:25.254: Could not load a pixbuf from /org/gtk/libgtk/theme/Adwaita/assets/check-symbolic.svg.
This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.

I have the same error when I try to compile ART. I suppose itā€™s a problem with Monterey.

JF

1 Like

Hi there,
Just curious if there has been any progress made with an M1 build that would work with MacOS 12 Monterey? I just get a blank screen with the*94cf.zip build. No pressureā€¦ really appreciative of all the work all you guys are doing to keep up with the MacOS updates and changes. I know its not easy!

Happy Holidays!
Eli

Howdy @eacron , Iā€™ve just created this build, which was built on and is working for me on Monterey/M1.
https://kd6kxr.keybase.pub/RawTherapee_macOS_11.3_arm64_5.8-3065-g9c5ce0d9b.zip

1 Like

Wonderful. Did you compile that with Homebrew or MacPorts?

@Steven_Adler
Built with Homebrew, standard things except libomp is held back to libomp@11.1.0
This is due to a crash at launch with major versions 13 and 12.

1 Like

@HIRAM! Thank you!!! so amazingā€¦ it works! Thank you for all the hard work :)!

1 Like

I have uploaded a new build, all older builds are goneā€¦ this build fixes the Dynamic Range Compression crash which was due to missing flags for a library that were expected from a cmake function etc.

https://kd6kxr.keybase.pub/RawTherapee_macOS_11.3_arm64_5.8-3065-g9c5ce0d9b.zip

2 Likes

Sorry HIRAM, the link is brokenā€¦ :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

Keybase and other internet sites are having a gateway outage right now. Please Stand By?

No problem :smiley:

BTW they are back up now.

Thanks Hiram! Awesome that you got this to work. I use both these new M1 and Intel dev builds of RT without any issues.

1 Like

Found the rawtherpee M1 build through google, absolutely loving it!!!

But I found a weird bug which I would like to mention, got crazy narrowing it down, but it comes down to this.
Build Iā€™m using: RawTherapee_macOS_11.3_arm64_5.8-3065-g9c5ce0d9b
When I have raw photos from the Canon R5 in portrait orientation and use something from the detail tab, for example local contrast, Rawtherapee crashes on export.
When I leave all the settings in detail alone, and are all off, export goes fine.
As said, only happens with photos from the Canon R5 in portrait orientation in combination with using options in the detail tab.
Now comes the fun part, when I have such a photo in portrait orientation and rotate it 90 degrees to landscape with the available 90 degree rotate button in RawTherapee, export goes fine, no problem, local contrast enabled, microcontrast etc, no problem.
When I rotate the same photo another 90 degrees, (upside down, portrait orientation) it crashes again on exportā€¦
This doesnā€™t happen with portrait orientation photos from the Canon 6d and enabled options in the detail tab.

When I open RawTherapee through terminal, I get the following error on export in the above situations:
zsh: bus error ./rawtherapee

Also on opening RawTherapee through terminal, I see some other messages, which donā€™t have to seem effect on usability of RawTherapee, I can perfectly export photos from Canon R5 in landscape mode and options enabled in detail tab.

All messages in terminal, from startup to export error (the can not use white balance message also happens in landscape export, but program doesnā€™t crashes in that case and does normal export)

./rawtherapee

(rawtherapee:1966): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 10:05:36.543: invalid cast from ā€˜GtkMenuBarā€™ to ā€˜GtkWindowā€™

(rawtherapee:1966): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 10:05:36.543: gtk_window_add_accel_group: assertion ā€˜GTK_IS_WINDOW (window)ā€™ failed

(rawtherapee:1966): Gtk-WARNING **: 10:05:38.575: Could not load a pixbuf from /org/gtk/libgtk/theme/Adwaita/assets/check-symbolic.svg.

This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.

(rawtherapee:1966): Gtk-WARNING **: 10:05:39.219: Could not find the icon ā€˜list-remove-symbolic-ltrā€™. The ā€˜hicolorā€™ theme

was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.

You can get a copy from:

http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases

(rawtherapee:1966): Gtk-WARNING **: 10:05:39.225: Found an icon but could not load it. Most likely gdk-pixbuf does not provide SVG support.

Cannot use camera white balance.

zsh: bus error ./rawtherapee

Can you provide a copy of the cr3 in question, or a link to a cr3 which exhibits this behavior?

Sure, I uploaded a CR3 to google drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YOMyaITg7Wdl0M54CqvMpYblmjKh6qJ5/view?usp=sharing

To replicate the bug:
Open it in rawtherapee, neutral settings, no alterations, export goes fine.
Go to detail tab, enable local contrast ā†’ on export, RawTherapee crashes.
Open rawtherapee again, clear export queue (the export image that crashes Rawtherapee is still there in queue).
Now rotate the image 90 degrees ā†’ export goes fine again.

Had a weird issue where i could not select a user defined processing profile in
Preferences > Image Processing > default processing profile
The pull-down menu did not work and so i could not select the newly created profile.

Found that this is only happening when you run RT in full screen mode.
Go out of full screen and the pull-down works and you can select the created profile.