RawTherapee image gets sectioned and staggered on edit

Hello,
I am new to Rawtherapee. It looks awesome, but I am having trouble. When I select a Raw (CR2) image and go into edit mode (or do a command like rotate, etc…), the image gets cut into stripes and each stripe gets staggered. I included a screenshot below. I think it has something to do with the camera raw quality settings. It does not do this with photos set at the highest quality raw files. The one in the image was set at medium quality on the camera. The camera is a canon 6d Mark II. I have over 600 of these images. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I already deleted all of the APPDATA files and it only reset the thumbnails to normal appearance. As soon as I try to edit the file it does this again.

Can you share a problematic raw file?

Were you accidentally shooting mRaw?

1 Like

mRaw sample from raw.pixls.us opens fine in the current dev version (windows).

Then sorry for the noise. Thanks for pointing out.

But it wasn’t noise, it was spot on. @kbrown is using 5.4 which did not support mRaw. Current development builds and RawTherapee 5.5 (to be released next month) will support mRaw.

1 Like

Yes, I was “accidentally” shooting in mRaw. I read the Doug Kerr PDF which is fascinating. (I have now added the words ‘tristimulus’ and ‘metameric’ to my vocabulary.) At this point, I realize that there are distinct differences between Raw, mRaw, and sRaw - more than just file size.

I managed to get Darktable to finish the task at hand. I will use full raw in the future so that I can take advantage of RawTherapee features - as I have in that past.

Kudos to all for the assistance in this!

1 Like